Top of the Morning to Ya!

"Mat?" Jack raised his eyebrow and put his hand over his pocket, covering Mark. "Who are you?"

"Mat," Mat answered simply. "Like he said." He sighed and glanced up at the sky. "Look, can we talk inside please? I don't know how much more rain my jacket can take," he complained. Jack sighed and nodded.

"Fine, come inside." He led Mat back inside the cabin and shut the door.

"Who's that?" Felix studied Mat with wide eyes as the man took his raincoat off.

"Don't know. Mark recognized him," Jack said. "Said his name was Mat." Mark shoved Jack's hand. The giant complied and reached into his pocket. "You sir," he said, picking Mark up and looking at him at eye level. "You have some explaining to do." Mark turned to look at Mat.

"Is Nate ok?" He demanded. Mat smiled.

"He's fine. He's really worried about you." Jack put his hand up.

"Hold up, hold up. Who the fuck is Nate? And how do you know Mark?" Mark wrapped his arms around Jack's thumb, getting his attention.

"It's ok Jack," he said. "I never got a chance to tell you sooner." He launched into the story of how he befriended the giant and fellow human. "I'm sorry I didn't say anything sooner," he apologized when he was finished. "Everything was just so chaotic." Jack's countenance softened. He sighed.

"It's ok." He let Mark climb off his hand and sit on the coffee table. Jack looked up and saw Felix washing his dish. "Felix," he called. "Can you keep an eye on Mark? I'd like to get to know Mat." Felix gave them a startled glance.

"Oh, yeah. Uh, s-sure." Mark watched Jack and Mat leave the room with round eyes. Please let them get along, he prayed. His attention turned to Felix as the giant walked into the living room. Panic rose up in him as he realized this was the first time he had been alone with Felix. He frantically glanced for Jack, but the green haired giant was already gone. Mark exhaled and tried to relax as he looked up and met Felix's eyes.

"... so." Felix's chest heaved as he took a deep breath and sat on the couch. "How about I take a look at your stitches?" He suggested.

"O-ok, sure." Mark stayed still as Felix reached for him and started unwrapping his bandages. He scrunched his face up and winced a couple times until Felix pulled away with the gauze and took a look at the scars.

"Ooh boy." Felix wrinkled his nose. "They still look nasty." Mark nodded and winced when the giant brushed his finger over a tender area.

"They hurt a lot," he admitted.

"Well considering what you went through, they're healing up nicely for day three." Felix reached for the roll of gauze and scissors and started cutting. During the awkward silence Mark strained his ears hoping to overhear Jack and Mat, but their voices were almost completely muffled. They're probably in the recording room, Mark thought. I wonder what they're talking about?

"So... how did you and Jack meet?" Mark asked awkwardly.

"We grew up together. Jack had a lot of siblings but none of them were his age. I sufficed as the same-age brother, I think." Felix didn't look away from the gauze. "Same city, same school, you know?" Mark nodded.

"Yeah, two of my best friends back on my world are like that," he said. Felix glanced at the engineer.

"How come you left your planet?" He asked. "Seems kind of stupid to go to space just to crash on another world." Mark chuckled quietly.

"That wasn't suppose to happen." He turned and looked out at the rain-stained window. "I don't know why our ship crashed, but it did," he continued. "It might have something to do with this planet's gravity, I've noticed it's heavier on this planet." Mark closed his eyes and yawned. "Then again, it is a big world." Felix narrowed his eyes.