Truth Comes Out

After the song finished, I told the mysterious dance partner I had to excuse myself to check on something. He quickly grabbed my hand and told me to wait. I tried to pull away but his grip was too strong. "Wait..Elliott...It's me. It's Detective Winters." He pulled off his mask as I stared at him in shock. I wanted to warn him about the bomb about to go off, but I knew I couldn't. If I warned him he would evacuate. If I didn't though..I would be hurting the one person I actually cared about. 

"Scott....please do me a favor and go home. You shouldn't be here. Go." He stood there and starred at me in disbelief. 

"Isn't this what you wanted? Didn't you want me to go on a date with you? Why are you trying to get rid of me?" Ugh. Why did he have to be difficult. I needed him to leave and he was being stubborn. 

I sighed before kissing his lips softly. I felt the heat rush up to my cheeks. This was my first and quite possibly last kiss. If it wasn't for the fear of the bomb, it would've been perfect. 

I pulled away from the kiss and saw his face was bright red too. "Scott..I do have feelings for you but please for your safety, leave. Besides.. it would never work out between us." 

"Why not?" He asked looking disappointed. 

"You don't date serial killers."