Chapter 17: The Bombings, The Bomber, and the Psycho

"All the best people are crazy."

**************************

'Moriarty'.

The bomber.

The murderer.

Sherlock wasn't the only one to get bored.

The detective had the missile plans. He had everything he needed. And so, they met.

It was in the same pool that little Carl Powers had died. It still stank of chlorine, actually. It always had.

"I brought you a little present..." Sherlock held up the flash drive, "That's what this has all been for, isn't it? All your little puzzles... Making me dance... All for this."

He turned at the sound of footsteps, and almost jumped at the sight.

John. He was wearing a parka, that concealed package after package of explosives. He looked rather calm, despite everything. But Sherlock instantly noticed that he was blinking Morse code.

Three long blinks. Three small. Three long.

S.O.S.

"Evenin'." he repeated the exact same thing that was said to him via headphones. "This is a turn up. Isn't it, Sherlock?"

"John!"

"Bet you never saw this coming," his voice was uncharacteristically flat, unzipping the parka to reveal the explosives, "W-What would you like me to make him say next?" a small pause, waiting for more commands, "Gottle o' geer... Gottle o' geer... Gottle o' geer..."

"Stop it!" Sherlock growled.

"Nice t-touch, this. The pool. Where little Carl died. I can stop John Watson too. Stop his heart."

"Who are you?"

"I gave you my number," a figure accompanied the Irish voice, slowly walking into the room, "I thought you might call." He smirked devilishly, adding, "Is that a British Army Browning L9A1 in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?"

Sherlock whipped his gun out of his back pocket, "Both."

"Jim Moriarty," he sounded as if he was making a joke, "Hi!"

Sherlock deduced him instantly.

Late 20's- Early 30's. Thief. Criminal. Psychopath. Happily married 3+ years. Smart. Murderer. Experience with firearms, knives, etc.

No reaction.

"Jim? Jim from the Hospital? I didn't think that I made such a fleeting impression..."

Sherlock eyed the laser sight on John's chest.

"Don't be silly," Moriarty gestured to both of them, "Someone else is holding the rifle. I don't like to get my hands dirty." Another laugh, "I have more than one, as well. More than one sniper, that is."

**************

YOU'LL LOVE THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!!