Chapter 20: Screw Your Degree, Alphabet Boy

WARNING: There should be a song. IT HAS A FEW CURSE WORDS. I don't own the song itself or the youtube video.

"Black hair. Angelic face. And devil eyes."

*******************

The first day they met...

Lizbeth could hear the violin from the street it was so loud. It was nice, in its own way, but she couldn't imagine having to deal with it for days on end. She personally didn't like it.

She knocked on the door, and smiled as it was answered by a sandy-haired man in a plain cream colored jumper.

They said hi. She went in.

The flat was a mess. Papers everywhere. Random experiments on tables. The works.

Lizbeth took one look at William Sherlock Scott Holmes, and forced herself to give her most innocent, flirtatious look. She didn't like him. Not one bit. But Jimmy wanted her to play the role. So she would play it.

For a brief second, she doubted herself. She knew that her innocent facade was good. Very good, as Sebastian Moran informed her day in and day out.

Yet Sherlock merely gave a smirk, and gestured for her to sit down.

The first sign that she was doing her job to the best of her abilities.

*****************

She had to admit she had grown rather fond of John Watson. He was nice. Thoughtful. Thought before he acted. She made a mental note to try and stay friends with him even after she left them.

Sherlock liked her. Even though she had only seen him for a few hours, it was obvious that her charm was at least winning him over as a friend. It would be better to make him fall head over heels, but she could build up to that. For now, she simple remembered the files that her husband had given her, and played her role.

She was a con artist, after all.

And what good was a con artist if she couldn't pull a con?

*******************

As expected, Mycroft picked her up at about 11 PM, as she aimlessly walked around. She had actually anticipated this. Hoped for it. She could get it out of the way.

So when the black car pulled up beside her, she acted as if she was a little nervous. When really she was anything but.

It took half an hour before they arrived at their destination.

When she got there, she made sure to add an anxious glance to her surroundings.

Be a damsel. Act scared but sure of yourself. Play your role.

So when the elder Holmes sibling approached her, she simply held her head high, and recited what the files had told her.

"So... You're Miss Lizbeth Joy Constance." Mycroft Holmes looked her over briefly.

"And you must be Sherlock's brother," she announced, "High position job. Likely government. You're a very powerful man."

He smiled, "You're as good as they say."

"I'm not going to hurt your brother, Mr. Holmes." A lie, of course.

"I know."

"You can keep your money. I will not spy on him for you."

She was already doing that for someone else.

***************

One chapter left!!!

A sneak peek to the prequel will be posted after the next chapter.