Chapter 19: The Real Feelings

"She was life itself. Wild and free. Wonderfully chaotic. A perfectly put together mess."

**********************

The day Sherlock and Beth met...

Her real name had been Lizbeth Constance a long time ago. She had switched around with her identities every few years. One alias after the next. One year it was Kelly Brown. The next it was Jane Fray. One year she had ended up calling herself Skylar Cloud.

Moriarty knew this. Yet the alias he had chosen for this particular mission was her original name. That way it wouldn't be a lie. Bee was a good con artist. She could probably have fooled Sherlock Holmes with even a clumsy name thought up in two seconds with no background. She could have made it work. But he had to be careful. Just in case.

He changed her backstory. The true one was that she had supposedly gone missing after her brother had been "mysteriously" murdered. He was surprised that the police didn't figure out that she had done it. But now, that was erased from the record. Temporarily, at least. Now, she was a hero. A genius girl with extreme deduction skills who solved her brother's murder within a week when she was only 16.

Ha. Yeah right. At 16 she was hacking into the pentagon and murdering people without even a trace that she was there. At 16 she was swiping rare and exotic gems from high-security museums.

The fake blog was an easy trick. Just hack into a few computers and convince them that the blog was posted months before it actually was.  And the trick had worked. Dr. John Watson had emailed her a day ago, asking for them to meet. Even if he hadn't found it by looking up a few key words, there would be an add advertising her near the top of his screen at least once a day. On all of his devices. He would have noticed it sooner or later.

The mission was simple. Have someone spy on the two flatmates. Seducing one was just a plus. He could have gotten anyone to do it.

Yet Beth had this certain flare to her work. Her eyes could shine innocence at anytime. Hell, he had once seen her stab a man in the throat with a fountain pen while sporting that angelic look.

"Do you remember everything?" Jim Moriarty asked.

"Of course, Jimmy," she smirked, adjusting her sleeves, being careful not to touch any of the fake scars. A few were real, just not the ones on her wrists. A particularly large scar on her collarbone was from when she got slashed by some lunatic on a heist a few years back. The one on her torso was from a bullet that a guard had shot her with while escaping a museum. An assassination had landed her with a few scars crisscrossing her legs and a small portion of her stomach.

Moriarty kissed her, and placed her wedding ring in his pocket. She never wore it while "working", and thus she didn't have any tan lines around her ring finger. There was no sign at all that she was married to the Napoleon of Crime.

That was what he was, after all. The Napoleon of Crime. His right hand man, Sebastian Moran, was the second most dangerous man in London. The Chief of Staff, basically.

And Beth? Well, she went by what the papers called her a few years back. 'The Heartbreaker', because of the note and symbol that would be left at each and every one of her crimes.

Lizbeth Joy Moriarty.

Hacker. Thief. Assassin.

The Queen of Crime. 

They were like a much less dysfunctional version of The Joker and Harley Quinn.

Lizbeth hated this attire. Baggy sweater that showed her bra straps. Old jeans and furry boots.

Ugh.

She personally preferred tight clothing. Anything in which she knew she would have complete control over her movements. Maybe it was the thief inside her talking, but she hated these clothes. They were too... Loose. She hated them with a passion.

Moriarty gave her another kiss, and sent her out the door.

**************

Moriarty is like 30 in this book. Beth is 27.

Still a few more chapters left, and im starting to work on the prequel!!!

So, yeah, hope you're enjoying it.

Angel, out.