Chapter 12: The Blind Banker

"A wise girl knows her limits. A smart girl knows she has none."
**************************************

"So, someone vandalized an office, and just left? No theft?" Beth questioned

"No," Sherlock handed her a picture of the office in question, "Nothing."
*******
They had been searching for something to help them for several hours, in which they had found a collection of yellow symbols near a railway. Of course, Beth and Sherlock nearly squeezed John's head in asking him if he remembered it - as it had disappeared before anyone besides John could see it. After a few moments, Beth blurted out that the symbols were most likely for a cypher, one that would reference a particular book.
After that, it took only another few hours to have all of both victim's books taken from evidence and transferred to 221B.
The three of them spent the rest of the night rummaging through the boxes of hard backs and paper, trying to find something.
*********
John had a date. Her name was Sarah, and she worked at the same hospital as John. Of course, Sherlock directed them to a place where the suspects would be hiding. Weird enough: A small Chinese acrobatics show.
Sherlock had gotten two more tickets for himself and Beth...
"Yes, Hello," John rummaged in his wallet briefly, "two tickets reserved for Holmes."
Sherlock had booked it for them, and John should have expected what was said next.
"Sir," the man at the counter gave a confused look, "It says that there is four tickets here."
"No, no, that's not right. I asked for two." John's arm looped around Sarah's.
"Yes," in seconds, Sherlock and Lizbeth stepped up behind them, "And I called back and got two more tickets for us."
********
"Who's she?" Sarah gestured to Beth as they climbed the steps to where the show was being held.
"She's my-" Sherlock had started, but was interrupted by John.
"Date. Sherlock's date."
John was more than a little aggravated at Sherlock's interruption of his evening, so he decided that this would be a little slice of payback. He watched as Sherlock's face turned a light shade of pink.
Lizbeth understood John's frustration, as this had entirely been Sherlock's idea. She was more than happy to play the part, forcibly grabbing his hand and giving him a small kiss on the cheek.
For once, the consulting detective blushed.
**********

Hey, guys!!!
So, about ten chapters left.
Can't wait to post them!!!
Also: Im already planning the Prequel to this. And, I can happily say, SEBASTIAN MORAN WILL LOOK LIKE MICHAEL FASSBENDER IN THE STORY.
You're welcome. Angel, out.
(Also hope you enjoyed the pinch of SherBeth!)