Chapter 21: Simply Obvious

"No one expects an angel to set the world on fire."

************************

Faking her death had been easy.

Burn down her flat. Rig a blood bag. Add some convincing makeup.... Then hack into the hospital machines and pay off the doctors to make a scene.

She knew that Sherlock loved her by now. Her charm could overtake anyone. It was obvious, with all the little stares he would give her and how he would smile at her voice.

So, she decided to play with his emotions quite a bit more than she needed to.

She kissed him.

She grabbed him by the shirt collar and kissed him almost as hard as she would kiss Jimmy.

And god how she hated this. Yet she couldn't resist the glee on his face and his pulse racing.

And the look of pained shock on his face as the hacking of the machines kicked in and she forced her body to fall back to the bed. A gang of numerous assassins and hackers and thieves in hospital clothes rushed up to her, pretending to be holding a defibrillator, and pretending like this was an actual death scene.

It took all of her restraint not to laugh at his expression of horror.

How he banged the door a few times, before she could see John through a small window escorting his nearly limp body away.

The funeral had been closed casket so no one would know that she was alive. Jim went to it, in the guise of Molly Hooper's new boyfriend. Lizbeth rather liked Molly. She was nice. Too bad this had to play out how it did.

Meanwhile while John said a small little speech about her, she had been leaning up against a tree sipping lemonade. She had cut her hair short and dyed it white, along with padded her hips and chest a little to make it convincing that she was as her alias said she was.

"Sally Sparrow."

Ha. That was a character from a Doctor Who episode that she had seen a few days before.

She was happy to have short hair again. It had been this short when she met Jim. Of course, she grew it out to maintain her innocent look for this particular job. And she had kept her natural color, too. The genetic mutation in her hair wasn't a lie. And her hair was a bluish-black naturally, as well. Her eyes had always been perfectly grey.

Maybe that was why she was so very good at her job.

Well, jobs. Plural.

She was a con artist, sure. But she was also an assassin. A talented thief. A capable hacker.

This was her perfect job.

And she was married to the King of Crime.

She wouldn't trade it for the world.

No, because her, Jimmy, and Sebastian, were Partners in Crime.

And nothing could ever change that.

To be continued in....

Partners in Crime: Beginners Luck

A prequel to Partners in Crime

Stay tuned, for next chapter is a preview!!