Chapter 18: Black Widow

Renendez picked up his red plastic cup and drank from it as a short girl with blue dyed hair approached him

    Renendez picked up his red plastic cup and drank from it as a short girl with blue dyed hair approached him. It was Jenny. "Renendez? Is that you?" Jenny asked lifting up his mask. "Yes, it's me goodness. Hands off." He laughed smacking away her hand from his face. Jenny shyly looked down. "So... where is prince charming?" Renendez asked curiously leaning against the wall. "I have no idea. I just got here. I texted him 10 minutes ago, that I was here already. He hasn't replied. You wanna walk around and help me look for him?" Jenny asked with a little excitement in her voice. "Fine." Renendez gave in following right behind her. "Where do you think he could be?" He asked. "Let's just check every part of the house to be sure." Jenny suggested walking into the living room. "It's very ironic how we  ended up hanging out together instead of the people we were supposed to be meeting up with." Jenny said looking around. "Yeah..." Renendez said eyeing her petite figure from her perfectly pedicured toes all the way to the necklace he noticed she was wearing with what seemed to be a promise ring dangling on her chest. He envied her. He wished he could have made a promise to someone he loved. Someone that could never change the way he felt about them. That someone like Hallie. Did he love her? The most dangerous word in the English dictionary lingered in his mind as he felt the urge to correct Jenny's mistake. "I'm actually not supposed to be meeting up with anyone." Renendez continued staring at the stainless white carpet. Jenny turned to face him. "You aren't here with that jackass?" She asked surprised. "Assuming you are referring to Vanerro, no. We aren't friends anymore." Renendez said shaking his head. Jenny's eyes widened at the sudden news. "You wanna talk about it?" Jenny asked while swiping her sky blue hair behind her ear. Renendez hesitated scratching the back of his head. "Hallie and I's relationship is complicated. Well, to be honest we never really had one. She kissed me... the next day she was wrapped around Vanerro's arm. So you could kinda guess how that went." Renendez said, his tone of voice saddening. Jenny scoffed. "I thought it was bros before hoes?" She asked lowering her eyebrows. Renendez shrugged his shoulders and made his way upstairs, Jenny following behind him. They both entered one of the bedrooms of the spacious villa. Renendez sat on the bed. "Ronnie sure as hell aint in here." Jenny said making her way to the window. She gazed at the sky squinting to look at the stars. Jenny heard footsteps walking toward her. "Here try these." Renendez said handing her a pair of binoculars. Jenny took them and aimed her gaze toward the moon and stars. The stars shined greatly over the villa while the moon lit the sea. "You stargaze don't you?" Renendez asked intrigued, shoving his hands deep into his pockets. "Yeah, my mom and I used to go stargazing all the time. She even named a star after me. Jennelia. I'd always loved how each individual star had its own identity. And each one was different from the rest. Uniqueness you know. It's a beautiful thing..." Jenny noticed something unusual. She zoomed in on the binoculars and when she saw it she froze. "What?" Renendez asked curiously. Jenny opened the window and stuck her head out the window with the binoculars. She zoomed in some more. "What the hell?" Jenny asked uneasily. "What??" Renendez asked impatiently. Jenny handed the binoculars to Renendez and he took her place. He put the binoculars in focus and squinted his eyes. He dropped the binoculars when he's seen what Jenny saw. He could see the beach and its entrance from the villa. He noticed a hand coated in bloody sand. Hallie's hand. Renendez ran out the room  with Jenny following behind him. He started yelling. "Help! Help!! To the beach help!" Renendez yelled sprinting to the beach along with 150 other teens eager to see what happened. Renendez made it first followed by other screaming teens. Jenny pushed her way through the crowd. Her knees grew weak and her heart felt a new type of pain as she saw Ronnie's blood drained lifeless body weighing in the sand. Jenny ran and sat on top of him and held his now blue pale face. Someone shouted "Call 911!" and half a dozen phones broke out. Kids were crying and in shock at what happened to these 2 kids who just wanted to have fun at a party. Renendez ran over to Hallie's body which looked the same as Ronnie's. Renendez felt his heart tear apart string by string as he examined Hallie's wounds.

 Renendez felt his heart tear apart string by string as he examined Hallie's wounds

....

    They were blood soaked and dirty and he was covered in bloody sand as he held her. Jenny cried as she stared into Ronnie's cold eyes. Her soul nearly left her body as she seen a thin layer of blue film covering his eyes. Indicating he only died 3 hours prior. His eye color completely gone. Nothing but an endless stare held in his eyes. Jenny took her cover-up off and wiped the excess blood from his bullet wound, letting her tears drip off of Ronnie's face. The crowd of teenagers gossiped and murmured at the scene. Someone's flash went off and Renendez snapped. "WHO THE FUCK TOOK THAT PICTURE!? HUH!? HAVE SOME FUCKING RESPECT!!!" Renendez yelled rocking back and forth with Hallie's dead weight laying in his arms. A teenage boy in the crowd punched the kid that snapped the picture in the face. Jenny leaned down and hugged and kissed Ronnie. Kids from the crowd didn't think that was a good idea since this scene is going to be ruled as a homicide. So they began to start walking toward her to try to get her off of him and relax. "NO! NO! LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!! DON'T YOU DARE FUCKING TOUCH ME!!" Jenny yelled, her cries becoming dry heaving. "Let me lay here with him. Just until the cops come. Haven't you ever lost someone you loved? Please. Please just let me be." Jenny begged her voice just above a whisper. Renendez looked down at Hallie and he couldn't believe who could want to hurt her. Who would do this to her? Renendez looked over at Jenny who was intensively shaking, her heart and mind racing. He eyed her as he noticed her taking off her necklace and putting it around Ronnie's neck. Renendez bit his lip to keep it from quivering as a tear trickled down his face. He looked down at Hallie who's eyes were closed. He opened one of her eyes. The color in her eyes remained as blue as the ocean.

 The color in her eyes remained as blue as the ocean