Chapter 17: Guns and Roses

Hallie and Vanerro continued down the street as they heard loud music filling the block

        Hallie and Vanerro continued down the street as they heard loud music filling the block. Hallie guessed they were getting closer to Amara's villa. She'd looked out the window and noticed parked cars wrapping around the block. She was getting overwhelmed that all these people were coming in her favor. She shifted in her seat. Vanerro had still been holding her hand. "You okay darling?" Vanerro asked now parking on the side of the street in front of a building with all the lights on and loud music filling their ears. Teenagers piled in and out of the villa as Hallie and Vanerro got out the car. Vanerro walked over to Hallie who scanned the scenery of an average teenage party. Vanerro looked down at Hallie as she stood in front of her catching Hallie's gaze instantly. Hallie looked up at her and showed a slight smile. "What?" Hallie asked curiously. Vanerro grabbed her hands and stared into her blue eyes. Hallie was mesmerized by Vanerro's eyes. The way they captivated Hallie's soul with just one look, securing Hallie's spiritual well-being. "Relax darling, take a deep breath and just enjoy yourself okay?" Vanerro kissed her passionately and pulled her in for a hug. Hallie hugged her back and to her surprise she'd seen a familiar face, it was Renendez. He saw her hugging Vanerro and put on his mask. He gave a slight wave to Hallie and entered the villa. Hallie felt an uneasy sensation in her body as she pulled away from Vanerro, them making their way to the villa's entrance. Kids were everywhere. The whole place had been decorated and her name was placed on a black banner hanging from the ceiling in gold glitter paint. Hallie covered her mouth when she heard the crowd of kids scream her name and Amara quickly making her way down the stairs to greet her. "Hallie! Hey girl! Happy Birthday! What do you think?" Amara asked, both hands placed on her slim hips. "This is great, thank-you so much I appreciate everything you've done here." Hallie said trying to sound excited. Amara frowned when she'd noticed her reaction had been fake. Amara smacked her teeth. "Rough day huh? Come on, I've got booze. Let's go see the others." Amara said cheerfully while grabbing her hand and leading her through the crowds of people. Vanerro followed right behind them. Amara lead her to a table in the backyard, which had a perfect view of the navy blue waters,  glistening  under the moonlight. "Hey Hallie." Amara's group said in unison. Amara made Hallie sit down next to the twins Kerinda and Kadie. Kadie picked up a red cup off of the table and handed it to Hallie. Hallie looked inside the cup. "What is this?" Hallie asked sniffing the brown liquid. "Just drink." Kadie ordered her with a bright smile on her face. Hallie looked to Vanerro who had sat on the arm of the couch. "It's just that Henny darling. Go on and drink birthday girl." Vanerro encouraged her with a smirk. Hallie brought the cup to her lips. She had never drank before. The nerves shot through her fingertips as she nervously held the cup taking a small sip. The face she made caused the rest of the group to laugh. "It's okay darling, it gets better just drink a little more." Vanerro said smiling at her. "Chug. Chug. Chug. Chug." Amara cheered refilling Hallie's cup. Hallie's body felt she was going to reject the liquor by throwing up. To her surprise Hallie was able to gulp it down within a few seconds. She truly did want to forget and if this was the way to go, she was going to do whatever it took. "Now spill. Why aren't you happy on this happy day?" Amara asked drinking from her cup. "You don't have to answer that darling-" "No no no, it's okay." Hallie interrupted. She felt like she might as well let it be known that her family has a heavy liking to incestuous behavior. "My dad fucked his sister... now can you guess who I am?" Hallie asked pouring herself another cup, not caring at all how she felt. They all gasped. Hallie shrugged her shoulders as she downed her drink. "Damn, slow down baby." Vanerro said raising her eyebrows. Hallie stuck her middle finger up at Vanerro while drinking her cup. Vanerro put her hands up while biting her lip. Vanerro felt eyes on her as she looked to her left. Amara had been staring at her. Vanerro got up. Hallie felt Vanerro's lips gently graze her ear. "I'll be back darling."Hallie shivered to Vanerro's touch. Vanerro left and Hallie continued to her drink. "Anyone up for swimming?" Amara asked trying to pass the time of that awkward moment. "Come on Hallie. You deserve a break, especially after what you found out today." Amara suggested getting up. "I'll go in a second." Hallie said watching the rest of the group get up and head toward the pool. Amara nodded her head and turned towards the pool. "Are you sure you're okay Hallie?" Ronnie asked sitting back in the chair he was sitting in. "Yes, I'll be okay one day. It's just a lot going on right now. Why aren't you going to swim with the rest of them?" Hallie asked crossing her legs. " It's funny watching Weston throw the twins in the pool. And also Jenny is running late." Ronnie explained adjusting his mask. Hallie looked down at the ground thinking about everything she'd been through since she moved there. Hallie looked up to see a bunch of girls twerking to "Freak Hoe" by Speaker Knockerz. "Get out there, show me what you got." Ronnie teased. "Uh-I don't twerk..." Hallie joked. "Yeah right." Ronnie said taking a sip from his cup. "So you think it's gonna be awkward when you go home?" Ronnie asked. The sad truth is, she didn't want to go home. She'd been betrayed by the people she cared about most. How was she supposed to bounce back from that? "Well yeah, considering I slapped  the shit out of my mom/aunt when I found out." Hallie said scratching her head and looking away guiltily. Ronnie sat up and looked at her in disbelief. "So what's gonna happen when you get home?" Ronnie asked curiously. Hallie turned to look at him. "Actually... Vanerro is taking me out to dinner, with candlelight." Hallie bragged while blushing. "Ooohh mmkay. Vanerro's stepping up to the plate this time. Fancy dinner? Very sexy." Ronnie said flamboyantly giving Hallie a look. Hallie covered her face in embarrassment. "Then after that you gonna get some Vanerro lovin'?" Ronnie asked with a smirk and raising his eyebrows. "Ronnie!" Hallie exclaimed in humiliation. "What? Instead of using 2 fingers she'll use 3?" Ronnie asked teasing her and taking a sip from his cup. "Ronnie please shut up!" Hallie said while laughing and shaking her head at the steamy memory of her and Vanerro in the shed. Hallie looked back and noticed a familiar mask, long curly black hair, and same tribal tattoo as... Renendez. "Ronnie? Hey man? How's it going?" Renendez said walking toward the 2 and dapping Ronnie up. Hallie shifted uneasily and rolled her eyes at the sight of him. "Hey, Hallie I didn't know you and Vanerro had gotten back together." Renendez said with a smug look on his face. Hallie swallowed a huge gulp of air before speaking. "Well, you seen what you saw. And what you saw is valid. So deal with it." Hallie said with attitude and folding her arms. "Ooohh. Ouch." Ronnie cosigned covering his mouth. "That's good for you guys. Happy Birthday again Hallie. Don't worry, I deleted your number." Renendez said putting his hands in his pockets and leaving Ronnie and Hallie back to each other's company. "Shit. What was that all about?" Ronnie asked. Hallie took a deep breath. She was glad Renendez finally gave up. He realized it was no use. There wasn't room for him to be in her life anymore.