Part 3

She arrived at the shop as soon as she could and almost ran to the counter, but composed herself before ringing the bell. Mr.Burke the shop owner appeared, scowling at her he asked her what she wanted. 

For a moment she forgot why she was there and blurted out, "Where's Tom?" If Mr. Burke was surprised at this question he didn't show it. 

"Left I suppose, all his things are gone and didn't even bother to show gratitude for the years I let him work here." Bellatrix's stomach dropped as her hopes of speaking to Tom were crushed. 

"Where did he go?" 

"I don't know and unless you're here to buy something you better go on home," he answered while still scowling at her.

Bellatrix's disappointment turned to anger, "I'm here to pick up a package for Cygnus Black, my father, and you better hurry. He doesn't like to be kept waiting." 

The shop owner had a look of surprise for split second, but then scowled again and went to the back of the shop, giving Bellatrix a moment to throw a fit. She stomped her foot, pulled her dress down and let out a sound of exasperation. She turned away towards the entrance to the shop just to see the face she had been longing for outside of the shop looking in on her. He had smirk on his mouth as if he found her fit quite amusing.    

She stopped moving and was about to run out when Mr. Burke let the package drop on the countertop. 

"It's already paid, just tell your father to pick up objects like these himself, if he doesn't want any delays." The old man was still talking, but Bellatrix wasn't listening she grabbed the object and walked out. 

No one was there. She turned the right corner and passed two or three shops when she saw him. He was holding a box and looked like he was waiting for someone. Could he be waiting for me? She hoped.

She approached him carefully and he turned to see her when she was only few feet away. 

"Hello Miss. Black, I hope you weren't so hard on Mr. Burke, he is getting old and was used to letting me handle the shop." 

 "Oh, um, no I decided to be lenient with him in the end, and its Bellatrix." She tried to push her hair back, but the package required both hands and she almost dropped it. "Is it true you quit Borgin and Burkes?" 

"Yes, I have business requiring me to go abroad" He actually answered much to her pleasure.

"When will you be back?" She dared to ask again. 

He gave her a look as if wondering whether to answer her or not.

"I don't know honestly, too many muggle-borns are moving to this area." He looking around the streets with a superior look. 

"Then they should leave... so you can stay." She declared as if this was possible. He smiled and her heart sped up. 

"When I return come find me and I might have a job for you, but remember to do well in Hogwarts. I will only take the best, Bellatrix."

She didn't know what he meant, but she nodded anyways, because the sound of her name coming from him made her feel like a princess, worthy of a prince like him. Another person in a dark cloak arrived, he turned to say goodbye and he left with them without another glance back. After they had been gone for a minute she remembered the package and went home.