Part 4

Bellatrix had never been what one would consider a good girl. Even to her parents, who saw great things in her future, knew to never give her full control. It was her last year at Hogwarts and she was indeed in Slytherin, the best pureblood witch in the school and that was all that mattered. The other half-bloods and muggle born witches did not count. As she walked through the halls, she relished in the wary eyes of first years (even some seven years) who would practically jump out of her way.     

She was heading down for dinner when she saw Rodolphus Lestrange walking faster to reach her. 

"Our families have decided we will be spending the Christmas holidays together at my house," he said casually. 

Bellatrix didn't stop walking, she only shrugged. She knew their parents were trying to do everything possible for them to become a couple, but their efforts were wasted. 

"I was told to pass on the news," he finished saying.     

While Rodolphus wasn't ugly per se, was also a pure-blood and had a good upbringing hating muggles as much as the next respectable wizard, it was clear that when it came to romance Bellatrix wasn't the one. 

She had caught him more than once staring at Michael Greengrass in away his parents would not approve, whenever he thought it was safe to stare at him. Bellatrix thought it was good to know this, in case she ever needed to blackmail him.    

They arrived at the great hall and went to sit with their own friends. Bellatrix sat next to her sister Narcissa and joked about how absurd the Muggle Studies classes were becoming. On the far side of the table Andromeda Black sat by herself, she never bothered to make friends in Slytherin, but Bellatrix had seen her talk to people in other houses. The idiot, she thought. There wouldn't have been a point to being in Hogwarts if you couldn't be in Slytherin.    

After eating, most of the Slytherins were heading back up to their common room, when walking casually back from there, was a Gryffindor. 

"What are you doing around here Tonks?" Asked Rodolphus suspiciously. 

"Just um, lost my way, um I'm heading back to my common room." He tried to go around the group as quickly as possible. Bellatrix discreetly pulled out her wand. 

"LocomotorMortis," she said.

The Gryffindor's legs were glued together and he fell front-forward with a loud thud. The whole group of Slytherins started to laugh, except one. Andromeda wanted to help the boy, but she didn't want to attract more attention to him because then Bellatrix would have done worse. She just watched him hop away, wondering why he had come here knowing something like this would happen.