Weird. I know

The hallways were crowed and buzzing with the sound of people talking and laughing. My mission was to make it to Algebra without dragging any attention to myself since I was practically sticking out like a sore thumb with the whole "new girl" title plastered on my forehead.

Luckily I made it to class by without anybody getting the chance to talk to me. I know that sounds standoffish but I'mnot used to doing these type of things without Noah. I don't mind having someone to talk to once and I while but I get bored, having to go through the awkward stage on a new friendship is them most agonizing thing. That explains why I only have one friend who but his currently frolicking in the Netherlands while I'm hoping I packed in the only blue pen I own into my backpack.

"Good morning class, today we have a new student. Would you like to shortly introduce yourself." the homeroom teacher beamed. 

My chair screeched under my weight as I stand. I don't mind being the center of attention. Every move you I am going to make it going to be being judged, all eyes were on you, but one pair catches  my attention. Jackson. He smirks as if he can detect me wanting to crawl into a ball in the corner of the room. I averted my eyes from his playful smirk.

"Um, well I'm Allister. Weird name, I know, I moved to this area a few weeks ago. I hope that this year will allow me to get to know you guys a little better, even if it's just one of you." I tilt my head in Jackson direction. Once I take a seat I glanc back to see Jackson giving me two thumbs up and wink.  The bell rings and it is time for lunch. The only thing I am looking forward to this whole day is my churros.

"You know those aren't good you." He sat besides me
"You know interrupting me during my only happy time isn't good for YOU." I snapped back without even looking at him. I just knew if I just peeked at him I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face.

"Oh, what you gonna do about it?" He sized me up. I tapped my chin and scrunched my nose.
"Later." I responded vaguely "hungry me isn't the same as 'ok me'" I didn't wait for his response and stood to walk in the opposite direction but was stopped in my tracks when I heard the crunching of gravel behind me.

"What's up with you and ditching me?" He laughed. 

"What's up with you and finding everything amusing." I shot back

"Well firstly I'm a very optimistic person and secondly I find you amusing." I stopped my treck and turned to come face to face with him. Now that he was up close I could understand why the girls were glaring at me. He is beautiful, almost too beautiful, like a picture. My eyes travel to his full pink lips, he licks his hevay bottom lip and tucks it between his teeth. Oh, god my built up walls are falling harder than math grades. My attention is grabbed by his mischievous blue eyes. "You done?"

I narrow my eyes, "Done with what? My lunch? Nope, was kind of interrupted but thanks for asking. It's the thought that counts." I pat his shoulder and pout my lips as he laughs at me acting clueless.

"It was a pleasure Allister." He bows,

"Well then if you don't mind me. I'll be on my way to Chemistry." I blush and tuck my hair behind my ear.

Hmm, wasn't so awkward after all.

*❤️❤️❤️*