I miss you, I'm sorry

My phone vibrates in my back pocket, I holler at Noah to slow down on his bicycle. This was all Noahs idea, he said "how can you come to Amsterdam and not travel on a cycle. Come on it's romantic."

And me being me replied saying,
"What would be romatic is me shoving this bar handle up your arse."

"Allister..." the familiar deep voice sounds in my right ear.

"Hey Jackson, are you here yet? If you are I'll probably take a while to get to you since Noah forced me to ride a stupid bike around all day, I swear that man has lost all his common sense. Enough about me, your flight must've taken a toll on you."

He chuckles through the phone, his voice huskier than usual, probably the fatigue, "you're cute when you complain," that's a first. "Mia and I landed about two hours ago, we're staying in a hotel near the airport. I missed you, even though it's only been less than forty eight hours and that Mias been keeping me company and the hotel receptionists been hinting on going out to explore the town with her even though she seems really sus and that we're literally in the Netherlands right now and that my dad is most definitely going to kill me when I explain that I came here for a girl I met on the first day of school, I totally forgot to tell you that Mia pressured me into sending a short video of one of my covers to IAS, as if I'll get in but she said they're taking applications for students abroad for three months so...I was like why not? And there I am, sending a link and giving my dad a much bigger reason for a bigger ass beating than before...what was I talking about again?" He exhales through the phone and chuckles, the sound sending a shudder through my body. I can't help but involuntarily smile.

"You're cute when you ramble. I miss you too." I laugh.

Jackson is interuppted by Mia screaming through the phone, his poor speaker, "I missed you too runaway girl! Where's Mr Stealyourgirl at? He was so fine, please tell me he's single because I could not stop thinking about him throughout the flight and the night and the morning and basically right now!" This is awkward, I suddenly remember my morning spent in Noah's arm and lips.

I pulled the phone away from my face, saving my eardrums from Mias squealing, when I look up I see Noah cycling towards me with a bouquet of assorted tulips in his basket. Can he not look like more of a tourist right now. I mentally facepalm at him and throw the phone in my basket.

"Jeez, you took so long on the phone I bought you flowers, thought you'd like them," he knelt on one knee whilst I was straddling the cycle.

Mia screams through the phone at the sound of her crushs voice. Noah eyes the basket curiously

"What was that?"

"Nothing." I swiftly mute the caller and focus on the boy knelt in front of me

"My lady, would you kindly accepted these beautiful bouquet of flowers?"

Sigh. A few ladies stopped and gushed over Noahs chivalry and gave me a tight lipped smile then continued their walk.

"Sure." I rolled my eyes, he looked pleased with my reaction so that was enough for me. 

My screen lights up with a notification from Jackson. He sent me his location.

"I thought you'd be a bit more excited but you've been on your phone, what's up?" He rubs his hands on his blue jeans, his thick brows pinching together.

"Nothing...just. Jackson sent me his location, I think I'm gonna go check up on him and meet up with you later if that's ok." I prop up on my cycle comfortably, ready to drop it off at the hotel and cacth a taxi.

"I mean yeah, I had plans for us. We're gonna go meet up with my friends from school." Agitation crosses his face but he masks it with a smile.

Friends? I tick that box off mentally.