The show must go on

We pulled up into his parents house. It was much bigger than mine and when I say bigger I mean it's a mansion, a bunch of people had arrived and were walking on the lawn and into the lit house. "What's going on he-"

"Who was that guy?" He asked scrunching his nose totally oblivious to my question.

"I already told you. Jackson." 

"I don't like him." he said, facing the garden.

"Well you don't have to he's my friend. Why though?" I angrily said.

 He turned to me, he's dark brows furrowed, "Because he likes you. I could tell by the way he looked at you."

"Why would you care if I liked him...no...I mean why would you care if he liked me!" I yelled. 

"Well maybe because I like you! Maybe because I've been begging my parents to take me out of the school to be with you, maybe cause I've liked you for all these years but was to afraid of breaking what we already have. Maybe because you're too good for me Al." He said in one breath. I've never seen Noah so passionate about something and it scared me. I can't believe the words he just said, what am I supposed to say? "Because I'm too afraid that you'll love someone more than you love me. I'm selfish..."

"Noah don't go I-" I stammered in shock as we walked away from me.

"It's ok Alli you don't have to say anything. I'll be upstairs, your parents are waiting for you."
My eyes filled with fire as if sparks were igniting and flood gates were opening. I've always loved Noah and will never stop loving him. I'm just not sure I'm in love him, hot tears stained my cold cheeks, the chilly breeze sweeping in from the open window.

My parents were waiting for me and I guess all these people are too.

As my acting coach always says,

"The show must go on."