Perks

Word Count: 1,179
Summary: "A fluff about you attending VIP to a The 1975 concert because you are Matty's girlfriend and then he takes you back to his place."

There were perks to your life.

One of those perks, the most boisterous and intense of them all, was your ability to see your boyfriend play the role of rockstar multiple nights a year. It surely was a blessing that you even had him as a boyfriend in the first place. Your meeting him outside of the first concert of his you went to was purely chance. You had not meant to be outside, you simply could not find the entrance. It just so happened you wandered right near where the band was supposed to enter, right when the band's lead singer stepped off the tour bus, and managed to catch his eye. He was the one that dragged you into his life, with surprises at every corner and more love than you had ever felt. He brought you in, and he cherished you enough to make sure you shared all the perks his life had to offer with you. You were special to him like that.

Those perks often consisted of concert tickets. He adored you going to his concerts. You provided him someone to calm his nerves before performing, a tender hand to hold, a reason to go on. Plus, seeing the light in your eyes when the rectangles lit up, and the way you smiled as you belted out all the lyrics to his songs, never failed to make him fall deeper in love with you. Concerts with you there at them made him more whole. They reminded him of why he performed in the first place.

Walking backstage, a VIP badge around your neck, you went straight to this boy who loved you so. You could see his nerves bubbling up inside, eating at him, making him want to get up and run away at first chance. They always did that, even for concerts he ended up enjoying. It was how his mind and body worked. You moved up to his chair, which nearly immersed his tiny frame, and took a spot on top of him, throwing your legs over the side of the seat and wrapping your arms around his neck. He smiled, appreciative, adoring.

"Hello, love."

The sound of his voice was like music to your ears. You leaned in closer, capturing his lips in a gentle and loving kiss. You could feel his nerves melt away a bit at that. "You're going to kill it tonight."

"Am I, now?"

Nodding, you ran your hand through his hair. "I can feel it. Us girlfriends, we know these things. Like a sixth sense."

He laughed, holding you closer. You could feel his body bounce with each laugh. He looked truly happy. "Do you, now? Well, do you know other things about the concert?"

"Mmmhmm."

"Like what?"

"Someone will probably scream for you to play Antichrist."

"Suddenly, I don't wish to hear any more."

You giggled. "I also know that at some point, George will probably take his shirt off."

"A well placed bet, honestly."

"And you'll give your speech about not being grumpy but wanting the fans to put their phones away."

"They truly enjoy the experience more!"

Leaning in, you gave Matty another kiss. Your eyes lingered on his lips as you pulled back. "Most especially, my sixth sense knows that you are going to look into that crowd and see me and get emotional like the romantic boy you are."

His eyes bore into yours. "Is that so?"

"Mmmhmm. It's the facts."

"Well then," he told you, kissing you once more, "we'll just have to make sure it all happens according to your vision."

"I couldn't be happier for that."

The motions of what happened next were routine. You shared your normal good-luck kiss, followed by a hug, and then made your way to go sit in the crowd where you always were. Matty joined the rest of the band in preparation to go on. After a short while for the opening act to perform, the lights dimmed, the familiar humming noise hit the crowd, and then they appeared one by one. Matty walked out, stunning as always, and full of fire. Just as you had predicted, he was killing it from the start.

In no time, your vision fell into place. George took his shirt off a third of the way into the concert, which you could hardly chide him for. The place was a near sauna. How Matty could keep on his suit, you had no idea. Someone yelled for Matty to play Antichrist during his first pause from the music, which he heard and, remembering what you said, laughed at instead of his normal sass towards it. And when Matty caught himself giving his grumpy speech, he looked to where you were, caught your eye, and smiled, saying to the crowd, "I think my girlfriend thinks I'm mental for saying this." You sort of did, but you would never tell him that. He would love you more for it.

The concert ended to the tune of screaming fans and thunderous applause. You knew when the band left, it would be your cue to also leave and meet them, taking part in another perk you adored: congratulating your boy backstage. Scampering through people, you eventually found your way back backstage. Your VIP badge visible, the guards let you in with smiles and 'welcomes'. You smiled back kindly, but all you could think about was Matty, and going back to his loving embrace. When your eyes met with his tired yet pleased ones, you ran straight to him. Regardless of how sweaty he was, his embrace made you feel at home. You thanked him for the show with a passionate kiss that left your minds both swimming afterwards.

"You were amazing," you told him, hugging him even tighter to you. Kissing your temple, Matty grinned.

"I'm so happy you enjoyed it, my little visionary."

With that, the two of you eventually made your way back to the hotel you shared. Of all the wild perks you got in your life and in your relationship with Matty, there was one that you cherished the most out of them. It was getting to go to sleep beside the most talented, handsome, and beautiful man you knew after he spent a day being a rockstar. You got to see the man who wore platform shoes and ridiculously overpriced clothing strip down to a loose t-shirt and joggers, and slide into bed beneath the covers. You got to watch him sink into their soft embrace, and smile happily at the peaceful and quiet nature they surrounded his always-going, always-tired body. Ultimately, you got to slide in right beside that body, meeting his eyes and watching him fight sleep to stare at you. Nothing could ever beat that.

"I'm so lucky to have you," you whispered as his eyes fluttered shut. A smile formed on his face, and you were instantly brought closer to him, an arm wrapping around your waist lazily.

"I'm so lucky to have you too, {Y/N}. You're my favorite part about living."