AUTHOR'S NOTE

TO THE READERS OF SINNER

Thank you all for always taking the time out of your day to read this story

Thank you all for always taking the time out of your day to read this story. A writer truly is nothing without their readers. I'm so happy to not only be able to interact with you and comment on the story, but to find other people who are as interested in Jaime's character arc as I am. Thank you so very much.

I was very hesitant on posting this story at first. I didn't just write it because Jaime is attractive (but who can say he isn't); I wrote it because Jaime's arc in the show is interesting and something I wanted to explore in my writing. I hope I was able to show his changes and relapses effectively through this story. I believe Jaime is one of the most important characters in the ASOIAF series, and I'm very happy I was able to explore his character with one I created.

Thank you all for reading and appreciating my character, Laila Ryswell. I have never written a character so "fragile" (I guess is the best word) before, but you all seemed to connect with her and like her, and I'm happy about that! I love that you all liked the dynamic between Brienne and Laila, and especially Jaime and Laila, and how she made him a better person - just for a little while - when he wasn't under the manipulations of his sister.

I know some of you may be upset at the ending of Sinner, but like always, I feel there are no happy endings in Westeros. Every ending is bittersweet, and I feel that this ending possibly had made more of an impact on you than another idea in mind. Truthfully, if Laila hadn't died, no ending for her would've been happy. Her and Jaime would never be able to be together, because Jaime is still very attached to his sister, and if she hadn't left for Dorne, Cersei surely would've found out and killed her. Laila Ryswell, sadly, would have no happy ending, but at least she made an impact on the world and on you all, the readers.

NOTE: The ending for this story is basically open-ended and open to interpretation. Only you can decide what would happen next. I did not want to write (for example) Jaime's reaction to Laila's death specifically for that reason. I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments about how you think Jaime would find out about Laila's death and what his reaction was after hearing the news! But there might be a snippet of Jaime's reaction in Stranger: Book III 😉

Thank you all for voting and commenting, and also for allowing this story to win Best Jaime Lannister Fanfic twice in some GOT fanfic awards! Again, thank you everyone for reading this story and following Laila on her journey. It was certainly a wild one.

🦁🐴