17 - Isadora Smackle

Noah sat with Riley, Maya and Smackle in Riley's bedroom at her bat window.

"Why do we have to be a part of your campaign to befriend every little woodland creature?" Maya complaiend.

"Can I go home, please?" Noah whined. "This is more of your thing than me."

"Which woodland creature am I in your mind?" Smackle wondered.

"You're a little gopher chipmunk combo deal," Maya said.

Noah nodded in agreement.

"Noah, Maya, Smackle needs our help," Riley said.

"No, Smackle needs your guys help," Noah corrected. "Not me."

"Well, we need you, Noah," Riley said.

Noah rolled his eyes and slumped.

"I need you to teach me the equation for beauty," Smackle said.

"Why?" Noah and Maya asked.

"Smackle loves Farkle," Riley explained.

"Why?" Noah and May repeated.

"But he prefers you both to me because you're aesthetically pleasing," Smackle said, referring to Riley and Maya. "I, on the other hand, am less aesthetically pleasing, but am superior in every other area. And Noah, you're Farkle's best friend."

"First of all, just because you go to Einstein Academy and have better grades than us doesn't mean you're superior," Noah said, "and second of all, you look fine, Smackle. Don't change yourself to please Farkle."

"Okay, so, you want us to make you beautiful?" Maya asked.

"Yes, but I don't expect you to be able to change a trillion years of evolution in five seconds," Smackle said.

"Let me know when it's four seconds," Riley said.

"Go!" Maya said.

Noah moved out of the way. He knew what to expect from Riley and Maya.

They immediately made over Smackle within seconds.

"Wow," Noah said, impressed. 

Even though he had seen Riley and Maya do this in the past, he's always impressed on how much they're able to do in seconds.

"I'm... pretty?" Smackle said, stunned.

"You're the hottest little gopher - chipmunk in the whole forest," Maya said.

Riley gave Smackle a mirror to look at.

"Who's the genius now?" Riley asked Smackle.

Riley and Maya tossed their hair back and said in unison, "Stop it."

"My outward appearance now seems to represent the current rends agreeable to the general populace," Smackle said.

Smackle turned to Noah.

"What do you think?"

"I told you what I think before they made you over," Noah said.

Noah started having an uneasy feeling about this. He didn't what it was, but he had a bad feeling. 

Why does Smackle want Riley and Maya's help? Smackle attends the competition. Why would they help the competition? Next week's topic was whether or not beauty is skin deep and Smackle is asking Riley and Maya to change her physical appearance? Why?

"Why are you still talking like you don't know what you look like?" May asked.

"Ah, my speech," Smackle said. "That's an easy fix."