15 - Maya's Mother and Art Show

Rather than go to school with Riley and Maya, Dean took Noah to school. 

Noah knew that the moment Dean came home, that meant he'd take Noah to school in the morning and pick him up after school.

Noah sat at his desk in Mr. Matthews' classroom.

"The Korean War," Mr. Matthews said.

"Genghis Khan," Farkle said.

"What?" Mr. Matthews said confused.

"I just wanted to see what would happen," Farkle said.

A blonde woman entered the classroom.

"Hello, Cory Matthews," she said, dramatically. "I am so sorry for interrupting."

"Oh no," Maya groaned.

"Nothing to forgive, Katy," Mr. Matthews said. "Class this is Maya's mother, Katy Hart."

"Mom, what are you doing?" Maya asked. "It was yesterday."

"Yesterday I was unable to attend your little job fair," Ms. Hart said.

"Career day," Maya corrected.

"Yesterday I was trapped... in my vehicle..." Ms. Hart said, dramatically, "in the rushing flood waters of the mighty Colorado River! To make matters worse, I just found out I was about to have a baby any second. So I crawled myself through the sunroof and I said, 'Let's do this thing.' Then I commenced to deliver my own baby until finally, I heard that wonderful, magical sound," she made a popping sound and mimicked a baby crying. "'Mama? Are you my mama?'"

"Maya?" Riley said.

"Soap opera," Maya clarified, "She was auditioning for a soap opera."

"Can you believe I didn't get it?" Ms. Hart asked the class.

"Yes!" the class said.

Noah didn't say anything.

Ms. Hart laughed.

Noah could tell that she dying inside. 

"Yes, I am an actress," Ms. Hart said. "Are there any questions I can answer for anyone?"

Farkle raised his hand.

"Ah, yes, the Farkle," Ms. Hart said.

Farkle lowered his hand.

"Why are you wearing a waitress outfit?"

"Anyone else?"

Lucas raised his hand.

"Yes, the pretty young man right there," she said.

"Yeah, thanks," Lucas said. "Um, why are you wearing a waitress outfit?"

"My dad says actors are a bunch of people who never grew up," Sarah, one of Noah's classmates, said.

Ms. Hart chuckled. "What does your dad do?"

"He's a director," she said.

Noah raised an eyebrow.

"Is he?" she asked. " Well, I'm sure your father never gave me a job either, which is the real reason I wear this outfit every day. Well, I'll just be going now."

She walked out of the classroom.

Riley stood up and walked out as well. 

Noah looked over at Maya, who stood up and walked out as well.

Mr. Matthews gave Noah a knowing look.

Noah stood up and followed his two friends out of the classroom.