Chapter 18: All on the Line

1:17 am

BSAA HQ

O'Brian looks at his computer as he was on the line with Morgan 

Immediate containment is imperative. Far too much is at stake here. Morgan informs him. O'Brian said nothing as he looks over at the framed photo 

You are blinded, a humanist with no cause. It's a lost cause, Director O'Brian. 

He went on, O'Brian just rubs the back of his head and stood up, "Feel free to cut the bullshit, Morgan. you're playing with fire again, but this time you will get burned." O'Brian warns him.

Loose ends can only exacerbate the situation. Think twice, Director, or you may regret it. 

Morgan warns him then hung up. O'Brian just sighs. "Oh boy, you never disappoint, Morgan. But once we have the truth your mistakes will never be repeated." O'Brian promises aloud.

~8~8~8~

The alarm went off, abruptly awakens the three as they stagger to their feet, Parker pulls Jill to her feet and she pulls Annabelle to hers as well, checking to see if her lenses were still working. "Parker," Jill states as they regain their footing. "Yeah. Time to clear out." he agrees with her.

They staggered walking towards the door, but then the ship shook sharply, making them stagger again, "Aw Hell!" Annabelle calls out, they look at the door, seeing water leaking out. The door was torn from its hinges and the water rushes in, taking the three by surprise. They gather themselves and swam out of the room, down the hall, and to the door. 

Jill pushes it open and they swam up and break the surface of the water, taking in air. Parker coughs and looks at the two. "Jill! Annabelle! Are you OK?!" he asks them, Annabelle nods at him. "I think so. Let's keep moving." Jill tells him and then dive back under and swam under the containers. Then back up on the other side for air. "We must swim faster. The whole room's gonna flood." Parker warns them and they dive back over and swam over to the ladder. 

Jill climbs it first, out of the water. Followed by Annabelle and Parker as they were back on the catwalk, then walk to the bridge and cross it, "The water is rising. We have no choice, we have to get out of here." Parker informs the two.

They hurried through the door and to the elevator, but as Jill presses it, it was damage from the wave and so, out of order. "Damn it!" Annabelle mutters to herself. "We need to find another exit." Parker states and they walk back into the room looking around. 

They walk back to the other side of the bridge and jump down into the water, diving in and swam over to the door. Annabelle pushes the door open and they swam through the door then through the door down a hallway, making a right to a stairwell.

Jill went swimming up, but Annabelle grabs her arm, Jill looks back at her, she shook her head and pointed down. Jill thought he was crazy and Annabelle gave her a 'Trust me.' look, she rolls her eyes and they both swam down to the bottom and to a door.

Then through it down a hallway and up through an open vent, they all gasp, taking in air, "You alright?" Annabelle asks them, they pant and look at her, "Yeah, we're good." Jill tells her, taking a breath. "Lead the way," she states, Annabelle, nods at her and dives back down into the water. The two followed her as they swam down the hall. 

This is Chris, Vermillion! Parker, Jill! Listen carefully. 

Chris said over the comms as they swam through the door.