Chapter 26: Meeting Lord Saddler

Leon laid on his back as he was still on the ground but then inhales as he sat up as he coughs and pants, he did not enjoy that pain he felt and he looks around. Seeing that he was still in the house.

He exhales and relaxes but then cries out again as he felt something. Something slithering inside him, then he looks at his arm, seeing the black vein. He looks at his other arm and felt the poison crawl up his neck. 

He wanted to scream, but he saw two gloved hands touch his hands, he looks up and gasps as he saw Annabelle looking just the same when he first met her, as she was smiling at him. "Annabelle." he whimpers. 

She moves his arms out of the way and sat on his lap, he sharply inhales as his arms grip her sides, she smiles at him as she gently touches his face and she pulls her to him, holding him close to her chest, "Annabelle." he whimpers, wrapping his arms tightly around her. "Shh. Shh, it's Okay. you'll be OK." she assures him petting his hair. "What's happening to me?" he asks, she laid her head against his. "You've been infected with the same parasite as the ganados, but your will is stronger than there, it will take longer for it to fully take over your mind," she answers him.

Leon pulls back and looks at her as she sat on his lap, "Then how am I going to save Ashley if I'm like this?" he asks her, she just smiles at him, "We'll figure a way out, I promise, but I can put the parasite at bay, to help you hold out a little longer." she tells him, he nods at her and then the next second her lips were pressed against his, then he closes his eyes, returning the kiss and wraps his arms around her. 

Enjoying her soft lips against his, then after a full two minutes, she pulls back and laid her head against his shoulder. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I left you to die in Raccoon City." he apologizes to her, but she shook her head, "I already forgave you, Leon. Please don't dwell on the past." she tells him, but he just leans against her, holding her tighter. "I am always by your side, Leon. Never forget that" she tells him and he nods at her, she smiles and leans up to his ear and whispers. "Now, it's time to wake up."

~8~8~8~

Leon jumps awake on the bed and looks around, seeing that he was still in the house, he groans as he sat up all the way and slides his legs over and stood up, then his hand went his lips as they felt warm. 

I am always by your side, Leon. Never forget that.

He smiles to himself. 

It was nice to see her again, even if it was a dream. 

He tells himself then his radio went off, snapping him out of his thoughts and he answers it.

Leon. It's been 6 hours since our last transmission. I was starting to get worried. 

She informs him. "Don't you mean lonely?" Leon teases her, she said nothing, he knew she was frowning at him, not impressed with his joke. "Anyway, I started to feel dizzy. Then I guess I must have lost consciousness," he answers her. 

Lost consciousness? Maybe that has some connection to what the village chief was talking about? 

She suggests. Leon huffs "Can't say. But I'm alright now. I'm gonna continue my mission." he informs her.

Then he went to leave but he saw a letter by the bed, he walks over and read it:

There's an important item hidden in the falls. If you were able to get it, you might be able to get Ashley out of the church. But I'll warn you, the route to the church isn't a walk in the park by any means. They've deployed what's called an El Gigante, God bless.