Chapter 27: Stand-Off

Leon and Ashley step out from the back, Leon kicks the door open and walks out down the path, but they stop as a shot rings out and Leon looks out seeing ganados. The wagon was then shot at and it rolls killing the ganados. The extra one were dropping one by one giving Leon and Ashley an opening.

The two took their chance and ran down the path, to the house and climbs down the wall. The woman notices that they got away safely and then vanishes as she ran after them, becoming their shadow.

They ran through the cavern and met the Merchant and Leon sold a few of his things and that he wasn't going to need. He then upgraded his weapons and both Leon and Ashley ran through the door and hurried down the tunnel, up the stairs, then up the ladder, back into the back, then through the door, across the room, and to the door.

~8~8~8~

They were back in the village, Leon makes Ashley climb up onto the tower and she waited there as Leon and his mysterious friend takes care of the ganados that were in the village.

The mysterious friend took out the ganados that were by the gates of the village and make sure that the ones with the tentacles head were taken care of as well. 

One was behind Leon and she quickly reloads and shot the one behind him, Leon looks down at the ganados behind him and then back where the shot came from. It was too dark and too blurry to make out, but Leon was definitely convinced that his "Friend" was indeed a woman.

But he didn't want to jump to a conclusion right this second about who the woman was, he needed to focus on saving Ashley. He ran back to the tower, calling her down. So she jumps down, landing in Leon's arms and sets her on her feet and they ran to the back gate.

~8~8~8~

They were back at the farms and Leon makes Ashley quickly hide in a dumpster, Leon gets the ganados attention and fires at them. The woman lands on the roof, looking down and saw that thousands of ganados were coming at Leon, she growls inhumanity to herself. 

Places her sniper rifle away, pulls out her katana, and jumps down, and flash-steps around the farm, slicing the incoming ganados.

Leon looks over and saw something moving so fast that he could not see it clearly, but it was differently red. He couldn't tell if it was what she was wearing or from the blood, but once they were all dead, the woman was gone. 

Leon looks around trying to find her, but couldn't see a thing in the dark, he sighs and then pulls his hand to his lips and whistle, the dumpster opens and Ashley pops out of the dumpster, jumps out, and ran to Leon.

They walk over to a shack and enters, Leon found a map and next to it, a note, he picks it up, Ashley looks over his shoulder and they both read:

The whereabouts of Sera and this bitch and red are still unknown.

Most likely Sera is using an old secret passage taught to him by his grandfather who used to hunt in this region long ago. The bitch in red must have found it after avoiding us for a month. I'll admit, we've underestimated her, she's clever. Too clever.

I'm pretty certain that he's hiding our property somewhere in the forest. If his grandfather is still alive, I would use him to find Sera. But how did he found out about the egg injected into his body? –And the fact that he was able to remove it before it hatched is concerning. And considering that the bitch in red has still resisted Lord Saddler's control is... discomforting.

Another factor that concerns me is that Sera escaped with our property just before the American arrived. I don't believe that was just a coincidence. There has to be another player involved. In order to settle the whole situation, we have to capture Sera and wait for the effects of the drug to wear off before we can inject him with another egg.