Chapter 38: It's Been a Long Time, Comrade

The two pulled themselves together after getting flung at the wall and mind probe why a parasite. They walk up the stairs and look at the writing on the paper that was on the altar.

Annabelle looks at the pictures of the Big Cheese or head chief from the village that her and Leon killed, but mostly her. She shakes her head and reads over Leon's shoulder:

Because of that agent and the young woman in red we lost Chief Mendez and Ramon. Nevertheless, everything will proceed as plan. I must admit, however, the loss of my loyal men is a bit disheartening. But I will deal with it.

Replacing the loss will not come easy. I must choose wisely; for the Plaga reflects the conscience of their hosts. If I choose poorly, they could betray me. I need men who will swear their allegiance to me.

I've learned my lesson when Sera betrayed me. I will not make the same mistake again. In this important, I cannot and will not have anyone stand in my way.

They finished reading and hurried through the door into the hall, they walk down the stairs and onto the catwalk. Annabelle pulls out her sniper as she went to the rails and fired at the Ganados, that was blocking the way to the door. Leon turns to the stairs, pulling out his shotgun and fired at the Ganados that ran at him. 

Once they dropped he turns to Annabelle and she nods at him, they hurried down the steps, Leon kicks the door open and they hurried down the hall to the left and they walk through the door.

They walk down the corridor and into the power room, seeing that there was no other way around, they walk over to the lift, Leon pressed a button and the lift went straight up to the ramp above. The two walk out of the lift and down the catwalk. But they both slowed down, Leon slowly pulls out his blade, Annabelle stops as well, reaching for her blade on her leg, they both then swiftly turn back around and were ready for whatever was behind them, but they found nothing. But then heard something above, then, they look up and quickly dodge the incoming blade. 

Annabelle rolls to the side as Leon rolls back, they both then look up as Leon wipes the blood away from his cut cheek. Annabelle growls as she glares at the man. Blood drips down from his blade as the man then stood up. "Been a long time, Comrade," Krauser states as he stood up. Leon and Annabelle stood up as well. "Krauser!" Leon said in surprise. 

Krauser just smirks to himself. "I died in the crash 2 years ago? Is that what they said to you?" Krauser asks him, as they three circled each other. "You're the one that kidnapped Ashley." Leon sums up.

Annabelle's eyes stayed glued on Krauser as he frigates with his blade "You catch on quick. That's excepted. After all, you and I both know where we come from." he states and went to slice at Leon, but a blade blocks his attack. The two look at it in surprise as Annabelle was standing protectively in front of Leon. "Heh. Annabelle Wong, what a lovely surprise," he states, she just glares at him. "Really, can't say the same!" she snaps and shoves him back. 

Krauser looks at the both of them and scoffs. "Still playing pretend I see," he states and she rolls her eyes. "Still a douche I see," she states and glares at him. "I see you kept the scar I gave you," she smirks and Leon looks at her in shock. Krauser just chuckles. "It serves its purpose, but I rather like it," he states running his hand along his scared face. "So that I will best you and finally take my revenge!" he shouts and swung at her, but Leon pulls her back and steps in front of her, blocking the blade. 

Annabelle steps back as Leon thrust his blade at him, but Krauser dodges the blade. "What do you want?" Leon questions him. Krauser smirks at him and then swung at Leon, who blocks then dodges the blade.