Chapter One..."Pay Attention, Laurens"/

It was the 5th Century, beginning of Medieval Times.

Two Kingdoms ruled in the East, separate rulers at the brink of War.

One, Ser Jefferson, who rules in the Upstate area, where it was more quiet, just how he liked it. Reminded him of home, yet no one actually knew where he came from.

Next up is Hamilton the Great, who rules more into the rowdy type of the area, large structures marking a borderline between the two Kingdoms.

Now, enough is said. Let's get to the actual story, shall we?

•••

\Hamilton POV/

"Laurens!" I snapped, immediately getting the boy's attention. "Meet me inside." The man who he was speaking to slightly glared at me for ruining their 'conversation'. From what it looked like to me, the man was trying to either start a fight, or trying to fuck him.

As soon as the freckled faced man stepped into the doorway, his shoulders dropped in relief. "Thanks again, Alex. Don't know what'd I be like without you saving my ass," John joked, playfully pushing my shoulder.

"You'd be dead."

I walked over to my desk and leaned on it, looking over at John, who was sputtering for words. "H-Hey! I could live without you! Just you wait!"

I merely grinned at him and raised an eyebrow. "Then why are you still my oh so faithful Scout Leader, eh? Thought you'd be off with the rogues by now." I snorted. "Oh, no, not the rogues, that'd be too rough for you." I turned around and jumped over my desk skillfully, successfully landing in my chair. Took a lot of purple bruises and even a small concussion for me to get it right.

John blushed furiously, stepping closer. "Alex, seriously-!" He whined, putting his hands on his hips. "I could so take them! I'll get them all!" He huffed, an evil glint in his eye. "How dare you underestimate me."

I snorted, raising my shirt a little to show the long-faded scar on my hip, which was in the shape of a long, jagged white line. "Oh, I've underestimated you enough. Remember when we first met?"

John chuckled, leaning against the wall and looking out the window thoughtfully. "Yeah, yeah, that was before you became Hamilton the Great, yeah?" He questioned, although he already knew the answer.

I hummed in reply as a tall man bristled through the door. "Alex, mon amie, the sisters are fighting again! When I tried to stop it the younger told me to shove a breadstick up my-" The Frenchman was cut off by Laurens coughing loudly, repressing a smile.

I tried to hide my growing smile as well. "Of course, Laf, I'll be down there as soon as I can." The tall man nodded glumly, a tad sad from being yelled at.

I sighed as he closed the wooden door, getting up from my chair. "Follow along, John. Act professional." I said this in vain as I knew, as every time, he fails to follow my orders.

But as always, he nodded enthusiastically, smiling brightly. "Of course!" And proceeds to walk behind me as I exit.

Taking another step I hear a slight 'thunk', turning around to see that my dear old friend had walked right into the wall. I shook my head mockingly, continuing forth to where the kitchen was. I soon heard quick footsteps behind me.

***

I kicked the door open lightly with my foot, immediately hearing shouts. I winced, looking behind me and at John, who was smiling slightly, nodding ahead.

Taking a quick breath I opened it fully, seeing three women. The oldest, a lady in dark pink with curly dark hair and a bit of lighter skin, looking sternly at the youngest, who was in bright yellow, light frizzy brown hair and lighter skin, who was currently using exaggerated hand movements, yelling.