Chapter Sixteen: Revenge of the Drunkards

The atmosphere was tense for the next several days, especially around Piper. She obviously did not want to return to the place she had fled, but she was their only hope to get Captain Kronos's treasure that he never had received, for he had been caught and hanged before he could.

"Percy." Nico leaned in to his lover's touch as he stroked his hair softly.

They were lying in Percy's bed, the prince enveloped in Percy's warmth as he had his arms wrapped around him in a chrysalis of comfort. They had been like this since morning, and the day was approaching mid-afternoon. The rest of the crew knew better than to bother their captain while he was with the prince, for they had been snapped at a few times over the course of the days that had passed since the Skull Cove incident.

"Hm?" hummed Percy in response before pressing a feather-light kiss to Nico's forehead. Nico could not tell the difference, anyway. He enjoyed all of Percy's kisses, whether he was roughly attacking his lips, which had not occurred since they were trapped together in the chamber, or if it were a mere brush of the lips, he had no preference.

"I had been thinking." Nico closed his eyes, nuzzling his nose in Percy's shoulder.

"About what, my prince?" joked Percy, earning a half-hearted glare from the other male, for Percy acknowledged fully of how much Nico despised his title.

"Why did Piper run from her home?" Nico asked. "I am sure that if I brought it up to her, she would simply change the subject."

Percy laughed briefly. "Aye, that sounds very much like Piper."

"But, why did she?" Nico repeated, sitting up slightly and perching on his forearm to hold him up, a gesture in which the captain followed suit.

"Well, you know her voice is not very strong, correct?" Percy asked him.

Nico nodded in response. "Is that a bad thing?"

Percy shrugged. "To sirens, I suppose. Therefore, they harassed her for it, and multiple members of her family shunned her for it. She simply did not feel at home, so once she was able to, she ran from there."

"So, she is afraid of being harassed?" asked Nico.

"I think it is more of bad memories that she wishes to stay far away from there," Percy explained. "I did something similar. I suppose, we are all runaways here. Jason ran from his alcoholic mother. Piper ran from her species. I ran from my abusive step father. You ran from royalty and coercion."

Nico nodded in understanding. "I suppose so."

Percy flashed a grin at him before pecking his lips and sitting up fully on the bed, pulling on his boots. Nico did agree it was about time to socialize with the remainder of their crew, so he did the same. The lovers joined Piper and the others out on the main deck.

- - - - -

"But, your highness, we already sent out the majority of the armada and our men."

Hades scowled at the knight, before placing his hands on the arms of his throne and standing up.

"Was it a suggestion," the King of Italy growled. "Or was it an order from your king?"

"S-sir-"

"Was it a suggestion," repeated King Hades, raising his voice. "Or was it an order?!"

The knight shivered. "An order, sir."

"Indeed it was," was Hades's response as he settled back in his throne. "If it means sending all the ships, the remainder of the army, and all of the men in the nearby villages, even if it means sailing the entire ocean, I will find my son, and Perseus Jackson will be hanged over the harbor! Now, off with you! Inform every man above thirteen in the village that they will be sent out to sea! You will board a ship, as well."