Chapter Two <3

(A/N: Ok, first off ignore any spelling errors in this story, and sorry if something doesn't make sense. I went through it and changed some things but there are probably other stuff I could have changed. Just a heads up. :) Follow me and rate pwease :) Tanks <3)

Chapter Two

"May-flower! Why do I have to keep waking you up?" I heard Emma say. I opened my eyes slowly and sat up. Emma was standing at the foot of my bed, and once she looked at me, she cracked up. She fell over holding her stomach and pointing at me. Emma was always known to be over dramatic, so I ignored her and looked at the clock. 12:30. It was light outside by now. I slid off my bed and Emma was still laughing at me. I looked at her weirdly.

"What's up with you? Are you high?" She shook her head slowly, trying to hold in her giggles, but failed. She burst out laughing again. I rolled my eyes and went into the bathroom to brush my teeth, but glanced in the mirror.

"Holy sh-" Emma clasped a hand over my mouth.

"Language May!" She gasped at me, and laughed again.

I took another look at myself. My hair was sticking up everywhere, my make-up was running. I basically looked like a clown ready to go to the circus. I grabbed a brush, got it wet and tried fixed my hair quickly. It ended up not being curly or wavy, just straight. I didn't have time to fix it with Emma telling me to hurry. Then, I took a wet cloth and took all my make-up off. 

As soon as I was done, Emma grabbed my hand and dragged me downstairs where Brian was. Brian looked exactly like me. Dark brown hair with a tint of red, but you could only see it when it was wet or sunny out, with blue-green eyes and freckles. Emma always said she was jealous of our eyes, and called her eyes 'poop brown.' But she had perfect skin, perfect blonde hair, and was 5"7, where I was only 5"4. I should be the one jealous of her.

Emma and Brian kissed and took each other's hands. I gagged, and Brian shoved me a little.

"Ready to go?" Emma asked. We nodded and left. Emma drove us over to her house, which was huge. Three stories, and a huge backyard. We got out of her car and went inside. Her parents were off for the weekend, always on business trips, and still allowed her to have a party. They probably wouldn't be so happy with people bringing their own alcohol and everyone trashing the place, but we kept that to ourselves.

We spent the next hour setting up food, drinks, and a stage for live music to preform on. Emma said she got a few people booked, but didn't tell me who. When we were done it was 1 o'clock. People would start arriving any second. 

About an hour later, her house was full. People were everywhere, music was playing; I'm not a huge fan of parties, but this was pretty amazing. I was hanging around Emma, and we were talking to a couple boys from our school. She poked me and motioned me to go outside, where it was quieter. We walked outside and shut the screen behind us.

"So, you ready?" She asked. My heart accelerated and my palms got sweaty.

"T-to preform?" I asked, accidentally stuttering She nodded. I shook my head vigorously.

"Aw, come on! You'll be fine! There are people here who want to see you perform! Me and Brian will be in the front row, cheering you on." She took my shoulders. "You can do it." I sighed. I finally nodded, suddenly having a burst of adrenaline. She clapped and lead me back inside. We climbed on the stage and she tapped the microphone.

"Hey everyone! Having fun?!" Emma yelled. Everyone cheered and lifted up their cups.

"Awesome guys! Ok, as our entertainment, my best-friend Maeve said she'd perform some songs for us! So, without further adieu, here's Maeve!" She clapped and so did everyone else. I sat down in the chair, and Emma handed me my guitar.

"Hey guys." I started. My face was probably beat red. "Uh, well, for the birthday girl, I promised her I'd sing her favorite song, "Call Me Maybe." The crowd cheered. I cued the guy who was playing Emma's grand piano behind me. He started playing, and what felt like a second later, me and the guy playing the drums joined him and I started singing.

"I threw a wish in the well, don't ask me I'll never tell, I looked to you as it fell, and now you're in my way. I'd trade my soul for a wish, pennies and dimes for a kiss, I wasn't looking for this, but now you're in my way. Your stare was holdin', ripped jeans skin was showin', hot night, wind was blowin', where you think you're going, baby?"

I took a quick glance at Emma, who gave me a thumbs up. The crowd was enjoying it, I could tell. Maybe it was time to kick it up a notch? I jumped onto a small table in front of me before I started the chorus. Thank goodness it held my weight. Everyone cheered and started to sing.

"Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my number, so call me maybe. It's hard to look right, at you baby, but here's my number, so call me maybe. Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my number, so call me maybe. And all the other boys, who try to chase me, but here's my number, so call me maybe. Before you came into my life I missed you so bad, I missed you so bad, I missed you so so bad, before you came into my life I missed you so bad, I missed you so bad, and you should know that. It's hard to look right, at you baby, but here's my number, so call me maybe.

I finished and everyone cheered. I knew I was blushing, so I bowed quickly. I stepped off the stage and went into the kitchen. Emma followed. On the way I got a lot of, "Good job!", "You're amazing!", and "Are you famous?" I thanked them all. I opened the fridge to see if there was anything good. Emma closed it and looked at me.

"You're amazing! Way better when you're confident!" She hugged me, squealing and I had no choice but to hug back. She let go and heard the microphone go off, as some guy said 'helloooo!' I giggled and Emma's face lit up.

"Come on May! You'll want to see this!" She took my hand and dragged me into the stage area again. There was a boy our age on the stage, blonde, holding a guitar, smiling like an idiot. Emma gave him a thumbs up and he gave her one back.

"Hey guys!" He said into the microphone. Mostly all the girls screamed, but my face fell. I knew that voice, that smile, him. Niall.