Chapter 62: Closure.

Chapter 62: Closure.

(AUTHOR)

Ingrid invited Sean to have some coffee on the coffee shop near at the hospital, which Sean agreed. Dr. Leo and Tanya were surprised to hear that they have a relationship before, especially Tanya who has mixed emotions. Tanya was supposed to go home with Sean but because of his sudden trip to coffee shop, she was drove by Tomas instead.

A waiter placed their order at their table nervously and quickly because he felt the unidentified weird atmosphere between his two customers.

Ingrid spoke first, "How are you?" she asked when the waiter walked away.

"I'm good," he replied, "How about you?"

"I'm good too," she said and added, "And I'm happy."

"I'm glad that you're happy," he said, "And I see that you've became a doctor now."

"I have a boyfriend and he's also a doctor," she said, "He was the one who brought me back from pieces when you broke me apart."

Sean still has some feelings to Ingrid because it's not easy to forget the person who you really loved but those feelings are now indifferent. He still cares for her but he doesn't love her the way he did before.

"You know the risks and you still took it."

"Because I thought I wouldn't regret it," she muttered, "Is Tanya your girlfriend?"

"Yes, she is," he answered undoubtedly.

She sighed, "Please Sean not her."

"Don't tell me who to love," he scoffed.

"I'm not telling you who to love, I'm telling you not to hurt her," she snapped, "Does she know what you do? Does she know everything about you?"

He didn't reply.

"I guess you didn't. Yet you told her you love her? And even if you told her everything, I'm still going to say," she glared, "Not her."

"Why not her? She likes me and I like her," he scowled.

"That doesn't mean anything if she doesn't know who you really are," she argued, "She's so innocent and a kind woman, she doesn't deserve to be part of the world you live in. You are a very dangerous man and it will be so cruel of you to break her like you did to me."

"You're the one who left me," he whispered, "You don't know how it also broke me when you left me. It makes me wonder if everything I gave you isn't enough, if my love isn't enough."

She was preventing her tears to fall from her eyes as her voice broke, "I loved you so much and my world revolves around you. I gave up my dreams and I gave up everything for you because I know what you are, I know what dangers lies if I stay with you. I know how criminal you are and because I loved you, I kept my eyes, ears and mouth close. Even now, I still keep your secret," her tears began to fall, "But you made me feel so worthless, you made me feel that I'm nothing without you. Every day, I was worrying if you will come back home alive, I was also worrying for my safety and I don't want to feel that way. I don't want to be scared for the rest of my life, I don't want to feel threatened. And you made me realized that every day that I spend my life with you, makes me an evil person, makes me a criminal like you. You make me the person that I'm not."

Sean doesn't know that Ingrid felt like that, maybe because he doesn't really paid attention to her feelings because he was so confident and he knows that she will be always there for him. That's the mistake he did, he took her for granted.