Chapter 33: And The Winner is?

Chapter 33: And The Winner Is?

(TANYA)
And the song ended. There was a silence and I was surprised when everyone roared in cheers and applause. I was overwhelmed of the feeling even though we still haven't won. We've finally done it and I was very happy when we all did it right. I can't help but to laugh, I can also hear the others laughing in happiness.

The host spoke up again on his microphone, "That was a fantastic performance from The Imperfect!" the crowd applauded. "But I was surprise to know that one of them is blind but moving on,"

I felt someone tugged my hand and led me to the stairs back to the backstage. "Our 15th performers are these wonderful ladies named Fruity Girls!" And other performers began to sing.

"That was amazing!" Darren exasperated.

"I can't stop the smile on my face forming," Alisha said in happiness and I only laughed.

"Come on let's meet others," Gael suggested and we all agreed however just a few meters away from our spot we already heard them shouting.

"Guys! That was awesome!" Olivia squealed.

"Thank you," Alisha said.

I felt that someone hugged me with their two big arms and I laughed when I recognized the smell. "I'm so proud of you," Dad whispered.

"Thanks Dad," I smiled and he let me go.

"I captured everything and even videoed it," he informed.

"I hope that you also videoed us not just Tanya," Darren joked.

"I captured you all whoever when it's your turn the battery died," Dad joked back.

"What?!" he yelled in frustration, "But I was on the centre of the stage, you can't capture them without me capturing too," he justified.

"Unfortunately I just did," Dad said.

"Idiot," Gael said as I heard a slapped and we all laughed.

"They will announce the winners later. Let's go back to the waiting area," Nat suggested.

We all agreed and Dad led me the way. "It's getting dark," Dad muttered.

"Yeah, it's getting chilly," I shivered as I pulled my cardigan closer. Dad placed his arm around my shoulder and brought me closer.

I smiled at him. My loving Dad.

***

(AUTHOR)

It was already night time when all of the performers finished and waited at the waiting area prepared for them. They gave the judges few minutes to calculate their decisions the reason why all of them were nervous.

While they are waiting for the result of the competition, Tanya and others interacted with the other contestant they all seem nice although some of them were very, let's say, a little competitive. Nathaniel and Charlotte already bought the group some foods for dinner since they were all hungry.

"I'm nervous once again," Alisha said as Tanya felt that she kept on moving on her sit. She seemed can't settle down.

"Whether we win or not the experience is amazing," Tanya encouraged with a smile.

"I know," she muttered, "But if we win it's a different feeling."

She's right. Winning always gives you incredible feeling. However for Tanya, it's enough that she played again after how many years. If they didn't win then its fine at least they tried.