Chapter 68: Few Years Later.

(AUTHOR)

A man wearing a classy thick brown trench coat walked on a cold concrete, two men were following behind protecting him from any danger. The cold weather doesn't help the huge maze-like place, tall walls with electric barb wires were preventing anyone to enter or escape, surveillance cameras where placed all over the area watching everyone's move and prison officers were scattered around. It was already dusk when he reached the place because it was located far from the city. Vincent Throne followed the prison officer in front of him towards the visitor's area.

The room was divided into two; one for the visitors and one for the prisoners. Glass windows were separating them in every cubicles and the only way they could talk was through the telephone. Guards were on every corner monitoring everyone.

Vincent went on one of the empty cubicles and sat on the chair, waiting for the person on the other side while his men stood behind him. He didn't wait long because a man with tired face, messy hair and wearing an orange jumpsuit came with another prison guard leading his way. After years that he's been here, he looks different, huge changes and he's not the same way as he did before. Sean sat on the empty chair facing Vincent.

"You look awfully different," Vincent spoke first.

"I could never keep up with this place," he replied.

"I already thought of your downfall for a numerous times before but I never really expect for this to happen. The Sean Alfaro, my greatest enemy, the man who's always on top is here in front of me suffering alone on his rock bottom," he chuckled softly.

"I've been here for eleven years and you only visit me today just to mock me?" Sean raised an eyebrow.

"Sean believe me if there's anything I feel towards you right now, it's respect," he assured, "Respect because you're the only one here alone, you didn't bring down anyone from your family or your men. You're still wealthy but the Al Familia doesn't exist anymore and although the Alfaro is one of the biggest names in town it's already tainted, tainted with dirt. People may forget your crimes but you will never rise to the top like you used to do. You're now just an ordinary wealthy man."

The operations of the Al Familia were already disbanded and some of their allies were already gone but their family managed to hid some of their crimes and lower the sentence of his imprisonment. The detectives were still sceptical about the case and didn't agree to where the case went but they can't find any more evidences. The Alfaro still stayed on the business industry because they are still powerful although they are now doing a clean job. Sean's men were still loyal to him and they become more faithful because of how he sacrifices himself for the sake of them. They are still working on the Alfaro's. Right now, Margaux is the acting head of the business with the help of her parents.

"I can make it to the top again," Sean responded confidently, "I made mistakes, I'm a criminal and now I'm paying everything but just because I hit the rock bottom it doesn't mean that I can never rise again. It's just a matter of how you will redo your life. You should do the same," he suggested.

"I already did," Vincent admitted, "I'm also turning into a new leaf."

"That's good," he commented before remembering something, "I have to apologize to you not because of our past clashes but because of one misunderstanding. I thought that you were the one who tried to kill someone that I knew I mistakenly accused you of something that you didn't do. I'm sorry for that."

Vincent grinned, "It is okay. At that time I'm your greatest enemy so it's only natural for you to think that it was me. But honestly, the woman you thought, as I remember her name was Tanya, right?" he confirmed as he tried to recall her name, "It was actually Sarah, you don't know her but I know her too well, to the point that we actually have a child."