13

"I'm really sorry man." Soda said sympathetically, "come to the house and have a beer, okay. It'll make you feel better."

Two-Bit really wanted to, and almost took him up on his offer, but frowned, "I can't. I should get home..." Two got in his car, "Seeya." He backed up and drove off.

-----

It was later that night and Two-Bit was up watching TV with his little sister sleeping curled up with her head on his arm.
Eden has had trouble falling asleep ever since their mom got diagnosed, so he sits up and watches TV with her until she is able to sleep.
He was just about to take her to her own room when there was a quiet knock on the door followed by Sodapop's head peeking through.
"Hey, you couldn't hang out so we all decided to come to you." He let himself in and he was proceeded by Steve, Dally, Johnny, Ponyboy, and then Darry. "Hope you don't mind."

Two-Bit's face grew into a smile as he watched as the boys all filed inside. "You guys....you know I don't mind!" He laughed. He sure has missed these guys. "I...I don't know what to say..."

"It's about damn time." Dally shoved him, but in a good natured way.

"We're here for you...you and your mom and sister." Darry stepped up, "We wanted to let you know that. You can count on us for anything you need." He pulled him into a one armed hug.

"Thanks you guys, I mean it." He sniffled, "thank you."

Everyone felt it weird witnessing carefree Two-Bit getting emotional, but, it was understandable. They just weren't used to seeing him other than laughing and joking around.

"Grab some beers." Two-Bit offered, "we can sit on the porch."

They all grabbed their beers, except for Johnny and Ponyboy who got some sodas instead, and talked on the porch all night long.
By the end of the night Two-Bit felt just a little less scared and helpless than he was before and a little more back to his old self again. He wasn't alone through all of this. He felt a little of the weight lift off of his shoulders.