Chapter 2.

As usual, Izaya was on top of a building, where he was observing his precious humans. The informant's eyes were wandering the grounds of Ikebukuro, while his ears were trying to drown out his secretary's ranting voice from his cellphone.

He yawned before he intercepted her. "Really now, Namie... is this really something to fuss over? I haven't been to my place for a few days, I'm coming back today, you're already there, and I already pay you. So why do I need to call a maid to clean my apartment when I have you~?" Izaya smirked at the silence on the other end, then he held the cellphone away as Namie's voice bursted out loudly.

The ravenette turned his attention back to a couple who were fighting, but he soon lost interest after the girl slapped the guy and stomped away.

Izaya yawned again, about to leave, when he spotted a certain fake-blond in a bartender's outfit. He grinned like the cheshire cat, none of good intent. "Sorry Namie! But it seems I'll be coming back later than planned. You may leave. But don't forget to lockup when you do." He quickly shut his phone off, just before his assistant yelled out curses at him.

Using his parkour skills, Izaya followed the blond brute, staying a few paces behind. Deciding that the other man hadn't noticed him yet, Izaya quickly and quietly jumped down from the rooftop and landed on top of a closed dumpster without breaking a sweat.

Taking his chance, Izaya flicked out his switchblade knife, running towards the brute. But suddenly, when the informant tried to go for the kill, he hesitated- seeing something like an afterimage, giving the other man just enough time to sense the attack and dodge it.

The people that were around them knew better than to stay; because a fight between Shizuo Heiwajima, and Izaya Orihara would make you a casualty of war. And this put Izaya at a slight disadvantage. The ravenette retreated, nothing and no one to cover him from the incoming sign post that missed him by a few inches.

"COME BACK HERE, IZAYA!!!" Shizuo yelled, but Izaya couldn't concentrate on the brute's frustrations like he normally did. His mind was on that image- the image of that woman, right before her death...

Izaya thought he had forgotten about it. He thought he knew how to make his mind hide away the things that were not wanted and remember the things that were needed. He is an informant, after all, and there were certain criteria to his job that involved these kinds of skills.

The ravenette looked up at the sky, noticing the ominous-looking dark clouds forming, just like last night. And somehow, this made him shiver and slow down in his running- which was a huge mistake, as he felt himself get hit, the air knocked out of him...

A/N: UGH... I take so long and it's just a short chapter! >.< Sorry for being lazy. -_- And next chapter might contain some non-con(?) But nothing too bad...(?) :b