four

Alexandra's POV

"Welcome everyone! I'm so excited to have you all in my class this year!"

The tiny lady with light brown hair and light green eyes, in the front of the class must be on some kind of drug because being that peppy on a Monday is completely outrageous.

"Okay, so first off, we're gonna start of with introducing ourselves," she exclaims in a cheery voice, "tell me something about why you chose art as a subject this year."

She looks around the class with big round eyes, hoping someone will start off the class with a half-assed introduction. I just stay safely hidden behind my easel. Luke and Cayla on either side of me.

She sighs, "Very well, I'm Miss Russo and the reason I chose art is because I believe it's underappreciated and I've always been fascinated with the beauty behind lines and curves. That's why I chose to become an art teacher." She speaks with passion and love. A little smile creeping on her lips.

She seemed to be in a trance before looking up and immediately meeting my eyes. I refuse to look away.

Miss Russo smiles and nods towards me, I take it as my cue to do introductions.

Slowly I rise from my easel seat and face the rest of the class. "Hey everyone, I'm Alexandra," I say, not giving any emotions away, "I chose art because I believe it's a way of self expression. I've been good in a couple of things, nothing I've been really passionate about, but with art..." I sigh, at a loss for words.

"Thank you for sharing Alexandra," the little lady says with a wild grin playing on her lips, "would anyone else like to go?"

I quietly take my seat again, avoiding the eye contact Luke and Cayla are desperately trying to make with me.

From the corner of my eye, I see Luke reach out to try and touch me, but his actions are halted by the sound of the door opening.

In walks Evan in all his handsome glory. His steps falter as he walks in the classroom, meeting Miss Russo's furious gaze.

Being quiet and observant was something I'd learnt to do over the years. I would try and cut myself off completely, emotionally, in order to read other people's. This way, I'd come across as distant and people wouldn't approach me. It helped me pick out people who were a potential danger to me or those just trying to be involved in my life.