0003

King

The girl stops in front of him and smiles. Her eyes glow with an amused glint. He smiles back at her with a curious grin on his lips.

‘Hi!’ She purr as she incline her head as if observing his expression.

‘Hi beautiful.’ He reply with a low tone near her ear. She beams as she hear his husky voice whispering.

‘That’s not my name.’ She teases him as she move to the beat of the music, her arms wrapping around his neck. They are currently standing in the near the stage with the other clubbers dancing around them.

‘Can I have your name then?’ He ask fishing for the name  of his goddess.

‘Treat me to a drink.’ The girl behest as she sway with him.

‘Only if you tell me your name.’ He comply with her demand as he dances with her, his hands staying on her waist.

‘Sure.’

‘Then let’s go, Your Majesty.’

The girl giggles at his flattery. He leads her to the bar and orders their drink. She walk towards the end of the bar counter, away from the loud noise and sat on the stool. He follows her and takes the seat next to her. The girl held her chin in her hand as she stares at him. He stare back with interest in his eyes.

‘So can you grace me with your name now?’ He ask again wishing that she gives in.

‘I’m Castile.’ The girl answers as she offer her hand for a handshake.

‘Logan. Pleasure to meet you.’ He took her hand and kiss  her knuckles like that of a gentleman from an era long forgotten and finding a phrase tattooed on her inner wrists. He look at her and found her blushing though he is not sure if it is because of the temperature of the room or his gesture.

Castile just smile and raise her glass. ‘Cheers.’

Three hours later, Logan learned the basic structure of Castile.

She is lively, speaks what is on her mind, does not care about other people’s opinion and she is quite feisty when she wants to be. According to her, she became an orphan when she was fifteen. She was an only child. Her parents died when a drunk driver rammed their car through a ditch. She has been living alone since then.

‘Looks like I rambled my life story to you, sorry.’ Castile giggles.

‘It’s alright. I should be thankful that you trusted me with that.’ He answers smiling at her carefree personality.

‘Oh, it’s not that I don’t trust others. I’m actually an open book. I answer questions as long as it is not stupid. Besides, I feel at ease talking to you. You seem like an okay guy.’ She teases while holding her beer.

‘Just an okay guy, huh?’

‘Well we haven’t known each other that well.’

‘Maybe we can change that.’ He offer as he stands up from his seat.

‘What do you suggest?’ She ask yet following him.

‘Shall we get out of here?’

‘After you, Luv.’

Logan chuckles as he guided Castile out of the club. They decided to get a cup of coffee, as it is already three in the morning. Castile took him to the coffee shop near her place bragging that their coffee is the best she had ever tasted.

‘So what do you think?’ She pry wanting to know his opinion.

‘Coffee’s great. It lived up to my expectation.’ He smirk as he raise his hot mug. The smoke producing warmth fanning on his face.

‘I told you.’ Castile chortles as she sips her coffee. She gaze at him through the rim of her cup, watching him silently.

‘Do you have plans this weekend?’ He probe after clearing his throat. He wanted to ask her that since earlier but couldn’t find any way to invite her out.

‘Yup. I have a date.’ She answer bluntly.

‘Oh.’ His voice sound dejected so he cleared his throat and awkwardly smile at her. He had never felt this nervous before and yet he is acting like a lovesick puppy in front of this girl.

‘Why? Want to do this again?’ She suppress her grin before asking him.

‘Well, I was hoping to take you out. But then again, I didn’t realize you’re taken already. I didn’t see your beau around earlier.’ He replied uncomfortably, rubbing his palm on the back of his neck.

Castile snigger at Logan and shook her head. ‘No I don’t have a beau and my date is with my couch while watching my favorite show. Where will you take me then?’

Logan raises his brow as he stares back at Castile. She got him good. He could not believe it himself.