0043

King

It has been a week since the successful mission yet nobody knew what happened to Castile and her Wölfe team. Daemon returned with Maritza together with their men but Wölfe and Castile were nowhere to be found. He said that they separated as soon as they left the warehouse. Castile told them that she will meet them back at the safe house and took the two captives to deliver them to the Chiefs.

She had her black Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R and her men rode their bulletproofed GMC Savana when they left. Nobody know where she and her pack drove off to after. Maritza tried contacting them but their lines were all disconnected and she wasn’t informed if they have a new mission to accomplish. She already exhausted all her resources but still found nothing about their current whereabouts. She thinks that because of the fact that they are the best in stealth and their specialties are black ops and espionage that they can disappear without a trace in just a snap.

Logan was stressed and felt lost when the two came back without her. He already phoned all members of the Council to check if she was with them but no one had seen her since the Gala. It was like she and Wölfe fell off of the face of the earth.

Ten days later, letters addressed to each member of the Council and Daemon simultaneously came in the mail. Logan is at König with his father and Sean when they received theirs. Katarina handed it to Donovan before leaving the office.

‘What is that?’ Sean asked eyeing the black envelope in his hand. Donovan sat on the couch before opening it pulling out the white note inside. He read it quietly before paling and shaking.

‘Goddamnit!’ Donovan muttered before closing his eyes and dropping the letter on the table. Sean snatched it and read it. He swore under his breath and handed it over to Logan. He frown at the lawyer, confused at their expressions, before taking it and reading himself. His eyes widen at the words printed on the letter.

Mr. Donovan King and Family,

It is with a heavy heart that we are writing this letter on behalf of the Bureau to convey our sympathies to the family, friends and colleagues of Captain Castile Lichtenberg, Head of Tactical Espionage Division.

Captain Lichtenberg was a great woman and a truly dedicated soldier. Our team will never forget her sacrifice and we can never repay our debt to your family. We honor her as our leader and captain of our team. She will be greatly missed in the field and office. A true fighter, her loyalty and commitment was a source of inspiration to every one of us.

We pray to God that her soul rest in peace, and we offer our heartfelt sympathy to grant your family the courage and strength to bear the loss sustained.

In essence, all personal keepsake will be delivered to you as you are the emergency contact of Captain Lichtenberg.

Yours truly,

Wölfe

Logan stared at the letter before dropping down on his knees and shed tears for his woman. Sorrow, loss, guilt, regret was all he felt. He never knew that she had passed away. He wasn’t able to convey his feelings for her and now that she is gone, he don’t know if he can move on without her. His emotion is on a rollercoaster, he didn’t know what to do.

Donovan and Sean were silent in their seats with crestfallen faces grieving the loss of their precious girl. She had become a part of their family and she left them without saying goodbye. They all realized that she is gone forever.

After a couple of minutes, Logan picked up his phone and slouched at the chair dialing Maurice’s number. A few seconds later, the other line answered.