0031

King

Logan, during the whole conversation remained passive. His face blank but his mind full of thoughts. Perplexed at what he just comprehend, his eyes grew wide as he hastily stand up and paced the floor. The others stopped as they watch him.

‘What the hell!’ He shouted before facing his father who is now standing and was about to walk towards him. ‘Why didn’t you tell me who she is? Why did you not tell me anything?’

Realizing what his son means, Donovan sigh before speaking. ‘She requested that nobody learns about it for her own safety. But seeing what is happening now, it looks like the secrecy is of no use to anyone of us.’

‘Besides, we only found out about it earlier when Maritza came in.’ Sean followed up.

‘How?’ He stared at his father confused at the flow of events. ‘I thought you knew? Daemon and Arthur clearly knows about it.’

‘Daemon knew her from way back. He was the one who saved her. Arthur and his family had to know since she stayed with them. Also they were sworn to silence.’ His father confirmed before pointing the two with his eyes.

‘Tell me about her.’ He requested after a few minutes of keeping himself quiet. His mind went chaotic with questions and his heart felt like it was crushed. He had to understand this. He had to understand everything.

Donovan sat straight with his elbows on his knees as he begin. ‘Castile’s real name is Castile Quinn Höllenfeuer Lichtenberg. Her mother, Cassandra Höllenfeuer, was an elite financier during her younger days. She married Heinrich Lichtenberg who was one of the bachelor bankers during that time. They combined their wealth and started Weltreich together with Seymour. He was still young then and he showed Heinrich the personality of a determined and motivated new businessman. Mr. Lichtenberg felt at ease with him and accepted his business proposal for their companies. Weltreich was Cassandra’s brainchild and Seymour merged his company with them for the plan to commence. The business flourished. Fergus Montgomery became a stockholder along with Luc’s father. Pietro and Dmitri followed suit. Then Maurice’s father, Angelev, came in and became the security personnel for the family. Later on, Donovan was added as the last person completing the elite team. Weltreich financed the team’s projects making them major shareholders of each businesses. It was all quiet before a scandal emerged. One of the company’s accountant found Seymour embezzling the company funds for personal use. He was a notorious gambler and used the money to pay for his vice. Heinrich and Cassandra confronted him and terminated him from his position. It was a maelstrom. Nobody trusted anybody. Her parents froze Seymour’s company account. It was a battle no one wanted to lose simply because the fate of Weltreich will be the prize. Seymour lost the suits. He left the country right after and we never knew what happened to him afterwards. When Castile’s parents died, he returned wanting to take over the empire since he still is the main shareholder because of the merger. The Council was created for that very reason. We managed to sneak Castile away to keep her safe. We’ve been doing that for the past ten years but it looked like the past caught up with us.’ Donovan stated as he ends the story. ‘Only Castile is prepared for this moment.’

‘Is that the reason why Castile disguised herself? What happened during that time we first met?’

His father nodded in agreement. ‘Castile found out that Seymour is hot on her trail so she decided to give him something to chase after. Maritza didn’t even know that she left and came here. She let them follow her and take her picture so that it can keep them away and will have a hard time finding her once she moved.’

Daemon continued. ‘She was supposed to meet you that night but we learned that Seymour planned on kidnapping her so she had to get away immediately. She left without a word only because she knows that if you discovered who she is and they find you, your life will be in danger.’

‘She cares about you, Logan.’ Sean spoke. ‘Then and now. She had endured ten years. She will survive this.’

He stared his directly in the eye. ‘Trust her. Castile is not who she was eight years ago. She is more. She came back prepared.’