0020

King

As soon as Donovan said the name, Logan’s face paled, Luc’s jaw dropped and Ciel’s eyes bulged.

‘What did you just said?’ Ciel screeched. Donovan and Sean furrowed in surprise. Maurice and Arthur’s foreheads creased. He watched them silently demanding for the truth.

Sean recovered and answered. ‘Her name is Quinn Höllenfeuer. Her parents died when she was fifteen making her the heir of the Weltreich Empire. Because she was too young, we took her off the media’s eyes to keep her safe. She had been for the last ten years since her parents’ death that we never thought someone will find her and hunt her down.’

‘Where is she?’ He thanked Luc for asking because he cannot even open his mouth to say the words. He was still in shock.

‘Nobody actually knows other than Maritza Wellen. She was a CIA director before and now handles her own private security agency. She’s friends with the Wolfgang family.’

‘How did you know she is an ally?’ Ciel asked doubtfully.

‘Her daughter, Morganna, is married to one of our Council member, Mr. Argus Montgomery. We have her and her family’s loyalty so we know she can be trusted.’

‘Can I see her?’ He surprised them all by asking that.

‘Who?’ Donovan inquired.

‘Quinn.’

‘Why?’

Logan look at Ciel and Luc as if asking for help but the two just shook their heads. He knows that he had to tell them why he needed to see the heir or he won’t be able to.

He hesitated before taking deep breaths before looking his father in the eye. ‘Because she is the person I am searching for.’

‘Come again?’ Donovan stared at him bewildered.

‘Why are you trying to find her?’ Sean questioned while looking as puzzled as Donovan with how Logan met the heir.

‘I met her eight years ago. She was a rebel and also an underground fighter. We had a lot of fun that time but after a month, she left without a trace. I needed to talk to her and know what happened but with what you told us, I think I now know why she left.’

‘He is actually obsessed with her so if I may say, please let him see her so he can move on.’ Ciel butted in.

‘Bloody hell, Ciel! Shut up!’

‘Son, if you just sympathizes with her, you won’t be like that. It has been eight years. Why can’t you move on?’

‘Uncle Don, he needed the closure so he won’t hurt someone else. I can’t afford to see him sulk in the corner every time he thought he found her. Truth is that she was his first love.’ Luc pleaded knowing that Logan had to see her.

‘Why don’t you shout out my secret to everyone? That way, I won’t have to say anything at all.’ He yelled at his cousins, frustrated at them.

‘Bro, we just want to make sure you will go after who you  want. Not because she was your first love but because she is who you really need.’ Luc explained to him.

‘Whatever.’

‘As much as I want to help you, son, I can’t. She is a very important person and nobody has ever met her except Maritza, me and Dmitri. And that was 10 years ago. I didn’t even know that you bumped into her. She was not even supposed to be roaming around here. After we took her to Maritza’s house, we never returned. No photos. No phone calls. No contact at all. That was the rule. We assumed that Maritza took her far away from us.’

‘I need to see her.’

‘Not now, Logan. We can’t afford to let someone know where she is. Maritza will skin us alive. She adores the girl like her own daughter and will do everything to keep her safe. Besides, she refused any interaction directly from any of us. Maybe after this crisis then you can talk to her.’

‘Fine. But who is your contact with Maritza? Is she the one who informs you about Quinn?’

‘Yes. That would be Castile. Maritza calls her to tell her about Quinn’s state. According to her, Quinn is okay right now. Safe and sound. She will appear once this situation ends.’

‘Castile? How did she know Maritza?’ He was as surprised as his cousins, if not more, when Donovan spoke.

‘As I said, she has an important role. Castile is Maritza’s protégé. She is the one in charge of guarding Quinn.’

‘And she knows where Quinn is?’ Luc inquired.

‘Yes.’

‘Damn!’ Logan could only shake his head. He couldn’t fathom how the Fates played his life. His first love was Quinn and yet he wanted Castile like he never felt before. And from what he gathered in his father’s story, the two women knows each other. He don’t know what to do. He can’t do anything about it.

He’s at an impasse.