0039

Castile

‘Gear up men. We commence in ten.’ Castile issued her orders to her troop.

When she woke up this morning, she decided to change the mission plan at the last minute. She called Seymour to inform him of the changes which surprisingly he took in stride. They were to meet at the abandoned warehouse outside the pier. Knowing that Seymour will have Sergey and his men surround the area, she assembled her team and gave her orders.

‘Delta, scout the perimeter and report. Gamma, take the highest vantage point and ready your sniper. Omega, ready the transport. Beta and Rogue, you will be the backup. Prepare for orders. Lupine and Lupus, take Luna with you and check the outside perimeter. I don’t want any civilians lurking around. We don’t need any casualties. Ensure that we are covered because I don’t want to clean up the mess after. Wellen, get us aerial support in case we are outnumbered. Seymour and Sergey will make sure to bring in everyone. Watch out for them. That’ll be all. Get ready.

‘Yes, Alpha.’

Daemon who is standing beside her watched her expression. She had this planned out and with the way her face is displaying, it means she is ready to pursue this until the end.

‘Why didn’t you tell him there is a change of plan?’ He asked curiously as they load up their weapons from the back of the van. Castile has the look of a relentless wolf ready to attack when the need arises.

The Tactical Espionage Captain shrug before glancing at him. ‘For what? So he will worry? I don’t want that. He will rush here if he finds out.’

‘How about Maurice?’

She squared her shoulders and reload the M4 carbine assault rifle she is holding. ‘Maurice will not let me if he knew. The only reason he didn’t insist on knowing is because he has a substantial task he needed to accomplish. I trust him to get them away safely.’

‘He’ll get mad.’ Daemon leaned in. ‘He will not let this go easily. You better get ready once we return.’

‘We’ll see.’ Castile said cryptically.

Daemon stare at her trying to figure out what is she keeping to herself. She may be a great soldier but he had seen the punitive side of reality and knows how to read between the lines. She is hiding something but he doesn’t want to make her go mad right now by prying it out of her.

‘Don’t worry, I got your six.’ He assured her before putting the earpiece. The air surrounding the team changed from jovial to a dangerous tenacity. Castile’s posture changed from a relaxed demeanor to firm and stoic attitude. Daemon who was as unperturbed as her earlier sharpened his senses. The rest appeared ready at a moment’s notice.

‘Thank you, Daemon.’ She nodded at him in acknowledgement as she cock her personal Heckler & Koch MK 23 Mod 0.45 caliber handgun. He nodded back as he reload his Benelli Cb M2 submachine gun.

‘So what have you found out about Seymour and Sergey?’ Daemon asked her as they walk towards her motorbike.

She put her handgun on her shoulder holster before turning back at him inclining her head. ‘Do you know that they have been double-dealing with other underground organizations for the past years? The money they have all came from companies they swindled and took down. Also they stole from the government funds using sharp practice. I don’t have the complete file but the Chiefs mentioned of hacking, robbery and other criminal activities.’

‘Are you telling me what you are telling me?’

‘Yes, I found that out when I had a meeting with the Militärische Verteidigung Leiter. Looked like they had been hunting them down because of their past crimes. That is why we decided to use a different way to get them.’

‘I don’t think this is the only way.’ He disagreed but they both know this was sanctioned even though no one outside their circle will confirm it in case this goes down.

‘It’s not but this is my way and the Military Defense Chiefs agreed. I will get them their confession and I also get to take my revenge. Hitting two birds with one stone. Simple as that.’ Her explicit justification confirmed Daemon’s concern about her taking this on a somewhat personal level.

‘This is going to be a circus.’ He muttered.

‘No, this will be chaos.’ She grinned while revving up her bike and speeding away as her team tailed her.