PostScript

***

A year had passed after the events that changed their lives.

Weltreich became a renowned name in the business industry amassing multiple companies all over Europe catering almost every trade known to man. After a few months of silence, the Weltreich heir revealed and introduced herself during the groundbreaking of their newest project. Everyone were astonished at the tight security the Council did for her and became even more astounded when she appeared during the event. The media had a field day over her concealed status for the last ten years making her name the talk of the town for quite some time.

Quinn wasn’t bothered by the scrutiny and rumors that came with her emergence. She even basked under it for she knew that even if these people try to investigate on her, they will learn nothing. Her amity with the right people made her capable of hiding few details that the public doesn’t need to know.

The Council was taken down as soon as she gained control over Weltreich. There were ruffles that needed straightening up but she managed to calm her people. She built headquarters in every European country they have businesses with and sent people there to manage it.

Donovan now supervises the London office. Morganna and her husband, Argus, are now the directors for their French base. Ivana and Lucca now manages their Russian site. Arthur took over the Denmark head office. Together with her at the helm of their empire, commanding their main headquarter in Germany, is Logan. He finally accepted the position he was opposed to before.

They were still very much in love but decided not to get married yet until everything has settled down. What made her fall even more for him was the night he proposed to her. It happened two months after the event.

Logan took her to Luc’s skydiving school. Thinking that it was just a normal date, she didn’t imagine that she will be proposed a thousand feet off the ground in a plane with her man kneeling down and offering her a magnificent ring just minutes before they jump. She didn’t know what to expect and was dazed when he showed her the ring on one hand while holding hers on the other. She was staring at it marveling at the beauty and trying to pacify her heart vthat she didn’t realize Logan was talking. She removed her eyes off the ring on his hand when he lightly pull her hand to catch her attention.

‘Don’t make me beg, my queen. My knees are shaking and I need your answer now.’ Logan groaned as she placidly stared at him unable to say a word. ‘Please don’t cry, sweetheart. If you don’t want to get engaged now I can wait until you are ready.’ He voiced his panic upon seeing her quietly gazing down at him with tears falling from her wild eyes. ‘I’m sorry I asked at a wrong time but I just want you to know that you are IT for me. You were my mate before. You are my queen now. You will always be my forever. You are my past, present and future. I want you to remember that. And I won’t push you to do something you don’t want to. I’m so-‘He didn’t get to finish his sentence because Quinn jumped him as she crashed her lips on him.

‘Don’t say that.’ She pouted before hugging him. ‘I’m sorry, Luv. I was just overwhelmed. I love you so much, even more now. So YES, I will marry you!’

Logan beamed with happiness at her acceptance. He immediately put on her engagement ring on her finger before kissing it. He stared at her with joyful eyes and a wide smile before whispering, ‘Thank you!’

She smiled back and gave him a kiss worthy of his proposal. Then she raised her hand to better see the ring. It was a titanium-based thin band coated in black with gold lining and a diamond embedded at the middle. Simple yet it was made to last. It looked badass on her. It was perfect. She stared at him and wring her arms on his neck before pulling him down for another passionate kiss. ‘You’re mine. Now and forever, King.’ The promise in her voice made Logan smile through their lip lock. Luc broke the moment when he stopped their make out session just to inform them they needed to jump now. Quinn showed her ring to him which earned her a big hug and congratulatory wish. After that, they went to do what they exactly came in there for.

They skydived.

Standing now in front of their new facility as she reminisce that moment, Quinn couldn’t help but be glad that the storm in her life was finally over and everything had been settled. Weltreich is doing great. Her family are always there to support her. She had her friends as back up. And she is happy now with a worthy man by her side who loves her and who she loves back.

She had conquered her demons. She was finally complete.

She looked up and smiled when she saw the name written in front of the building. This was her parents’ legacy to her and she is proud of it. She knew her parents were also proud of her.

She glanced at the man standing beside her with his hands tightly intertwined with hers. Logan gazed back and smiled lovingly at her before looking at the name of the facility.

Höllenfeuer und König.

Hellfire and King.

The End