Chapter 1 | The Hunt

Minhyuk opened the door just a tiny bit to see if the coast was clear before walking in, then he quickly scanned the whole place. It wasn't hard to find what he was looking forㅡthe deskㅡsince it's a small place despite the grand decorations and is obviously just for a single person to live in.

He started digging through the files, taking pictures of anything that would help him until he heard the sound of a door opening. The speed of his heartbeat doubled up, but there was no time to wasteㅡin a little rush of panic, he quickly yet quietly entered another door that led him to a bedroom.

He thought about escaping through the window, but then he remembered he's on the third floor. He was left with no choice but to hide in the closet until, maybe, Elkie leaves again. Hopefully, she leaves.

Minhyuk held onto the gun tightly. It's quite a good thing she has a walk-in closet. If he could just go through this today with the picturesㅡhe froze.

The pictures.

His camera! It's not with him.

He cursed himself mentally for forgetting the most important thing he should have with him right now.

Surely, Elkie would have busted him. Surely, she's not dense.

Just as he was thinking that, the closet's door swung openㅡrevealing Elkie and her gun aimed at him steadily. Her eyes were as sharp as a dagger.

#

As soon as Elkie stepped foot in her apartment, she got the feeling that something was off. No, not the lightsㅡsomething unusual. And as her eyes quickly scanned the placeㅡthey finally rested on her desk, immediately noticing that her things were out of order and the camera on it that she doesn't own just confirmed her suspicion.

When you've been an agent for so long, you learn how to be observant and you notice every small changes there has to be.

Elkie pulled out her gun, aiming it while looking around carefully. Where could the housebreaker be hiding? There are only two options for him: the small bathroom where he could be found easily, or her bedroom where he can hide in the walk-in closet.

She decided to take the direction to her bedroom and thought someone who's brave enough to break into her house couldn't possibly be hiding under her bedㅡso she aimed her gun pointedly at the closet before she quickly opened it, revealing a person she wasn't even surprised to see: Lee Minhyuk. He stepped out of the closet, wearing a face so stern, his gun aimed back at Elkie, ready to shoot anytime.

"Sneaking into other people's apartment, I see." she said with a little smirk.

Minhyuk's glare was even sharper. "It was you, wasn't it?"

-
This was always one of my favorite parts 😄i hope you like it please let me know what you think i would love to hear from you guys