Chapter 19 | The Heir

Elkie found a parking spot for the car, then made her way to Chung Hoon's small music shop. She found him playing piano with Ilhoon. A smile crept on her face before she cleared her throat to announce her presence. "Hi, you two!"

Ilhoon cleared his throat and made some distance from his own father, his cheeks flushing. Elkie shook her head with a smirk. "So, what's this meeting about?" she asked.

Chung Hoon got up and went behind his desk. The desk can't even be compared to what he had as a CEO in SM.

"Yeah, I have no idea either." Ilhoon said.

"I called you both for this." Chung Hoon said with the usual kind smile, holding out papers to the two of them. Ilhoon and Elkie read the papers in silence.

She gasped. "Oh myㅡ"

"You're giving the SM building to us?" Ilhoon asked, wide-eyed.

Chung Hoon nodded. Despite his simple clothes, the nod and his expression were simply elegant. "Yes."

"B-But... are you sure?"

He smiled at her. "Didn't I tell you I'll pass the building to the right person? Ilhoon told me about 20Space, and what reason do I have not to give the building to the both of you? I know you both will do great things. Ilhoon is my son, after all, he would receive this as inheritance. Elkie, you're like a daughter to me. Ilhoon and I wouldn't have met if not for you. Please accept my offer. Take over the building and continue as 20Space."

"This is... a bit too much." Ilhoon said reluctantly.

"Son, SM building would be right for your agency. It is complete with enhanced facilities; training grounds, meeting rooms, weapon rooms and you can have my former office. All you will have to work on is enhancing your staff and security."

"I don't know what to say. This is such a generous gift. I think... Ilhoon should decide since 20Space will fall on his hands." Elkie said.

Ilhoon frowned at her before heaving a deep sigh.

"All you have to do is sign these forms and the whole building will be yours." Chung Hoon said.

"This is a generous gift... and we were kind of wondering how we would build 20Space anyway, so I guess... thank you for this?" Ilhoon said awkwardly.

Elkie looked at him wide-eyed.

"What?" he asked her, frowning.

She grinned. "You just made the best decision in your life!"

He gave her a half smile.

"Thank you for accepting it, Elkie and Ilhoon." Chung Hoon said. "I couldn't imagine the agency I worked hard for over the years falling to someone else's hands."

#

"PLEASE REPEAT THAT." Sungjae said. They were all gathered in the small place Ilhoon rented out as their temporary quarter and he had announced the news to everyone that they'll be moving to the former SM building.

"I can't believe it! The chairman is your father!" Changsub exclaimed.

"Former... chairman." Elkie corrected, then smiled. "Everyone, bow down to our new chairmanㅡJung Ilhoon!"

"Uh... do we really have to bow down?" Hyunsik asked.

"That's silly!" Ilhoon sneered at Elkie.

She rolled her eyes. "You guys, I didn't mean it literally."

"So, when are we checking out the place?" Eunkwang asked.