Chapter 17 | The Nightmare

"Come in," he said in a hoarse voice.

Elkie quietly slipped into his apartment while he went to the fridge and drank a lot of cold water. When she realized that she's fascinatingly watching the way his adam's apple moved as he drank, she looked away, weirded out of herself.

"Were you sleeping?" she asked.

He nodded quietly.

"Do you even know what time is it?"

He shook his head, sitting on the couch.

"It's almost one in the afternoon, Minhyuk. Are you alright?"

"I guess I overslept again..."

Elkie couldn't help staring at him. He's been avoiding eye contact.

"You look like shit right now, you know that, right?"

He smiled weakly. "I'm offended."

"Like a pale shit."

He chuckled this time. "Seriously?"

She sat beside him on the couch. "Do you wanna talk about it?"

He took a deep breath and hesitated only for a second, "It's justㅡa nightmare. I have it almost every night."

"Then it's not just a nightmare. What is it about?"

He swallowed. "My brother. The way he died."

Elkie's lips parted to say something but she was too stunned at first.

Minhyuk continued, "It's... getting worse. It would wake me up at midnight, and sometimes I dream of it twice in one night. I don't know what to do with it."

The way he frustratingly talked about it broke her heart, so she reached for him and wrapped her arms around him. For a moment, he went still but then as he laid his head on her shoulder, she felt him relax and when he breathed out, it was like he had been holding it for so long.

"Do you want to get an opinion about it? I mean, I know someone who might be able to help you."

He pulled away and smiled, "Yeah?"

She nodded with a reassuring smile. "For now, you get changed. We have a meeting to attend."

"OhㅡI almost forgot. I'm sorry!" He said, getting up from the couch.

"It's okay. I'll wait right here."

When he entered his room, Elkie let out a breath and tried to calm her heart down. Jeez.

#

"They're still not here?" Ilhoon asked.

"Nope." Changsub replied.

"Was he always like this? Late comer?"

"Nah, trust me, he used to be always on time."

That's the conversation happening when Elkie and Minhyuk walked into the place. Changsub and Sungjae have stopped wrestling each other and everyone was gathered around the table.

"Oh! Here they are!" Peniel announced, his laptop was shut.

"Apologies, everyone." said Minhyuk. They sat next to each other.

"Hyung, are you alright? You look sick." Sungjae said.

"Damn right, you do." Ilhoon agreed.