Chapter 7 | A Night In London

-

Elkie and Minhyuk both felt the cold weather of London as they stood outside the airport, waiting for a cab.

Minhyuk opened the cab's door for her and she was quite taken aback, while it seemed like a normal thing to do for himㅡbecause Elkie is used to the fact that she's not the girl anyone would treat like this.

They soon headed to the hotel and as they walked through the lobby with their suitcases, Minhyuk started talking about work.

"First thing, we need to think of new names for ourselves while we're here." he said, then he headed to the front desk to ask for their reservation that was made by the company.

"A suite?" Elkie heard Minhyuk ask in disbelief. "There must be a mistake, miss."

But even after arguing a bit more with the receptionist, Minhyuk was certainly told that they're staying in a suite together, but in two rooms.

To break the rather awkward silence, Elkie cleared her throat. "What about Emily?"

"What?" he asked, confused.

"Uh, the fake names? Emily sounds usual in this country."

Minhyuk nodded. "I'll use Andrew. It seems like a nice name."

"Have you practiced your British accent?" Elkie asked with a smirk.

"Hey, we're supposed to be born here in UK, grew up in Singaporeㅡand back here for good. I don't think we need to work on the British accent..."

"If you say so." she said and added, "Well, Andrew suits you, by the way. And maybe we should act like new agents. It would be less suspicious."

"Or the other way around." he said, quite absent-mindedly.

Elkie raised an eyebrow as the elevator stopped on their floor. "Don't you think it will create more interrogationsㅡlike which agency we came from and why we left and transfered?"

"Oh yeah, didn't think of it that way until now."

Minhyuk slid the key card to the door and pushed it open, revealing a luxurious suite. "Wow." she said in awe. "Chairman is generous."

"He's paying for our lives at stake. He should be." Minhyuk said nonchalantly, placing the suitcases at the parlor area. "Although," he said, unzipping his baggage now. "I didn't expect he'd get us a suite."

"Neither do I. I was expecting a less, less luxury than this, to be honest. I underestimated chairman's wealth." she said with a grin.

Minhyuk grinned back. He took out the files and gadgets we would need, then he readied them on the center table of the parlor area.

In missions like this, they don't really unpack their things at all because they should be ready to flee whenever.

"We have a night until our appointment with IMI. I'll go to my room and prepare. Just call if you need me." Elkie said, walking away from him already.

"Alright. Let's talk about the mission later."

#

For the first time in a long time, Elkie felt the intensity of her crave for bed because of the long hours on plane from South Korea to London. She placed her bags on bed and also threw her body against it, enjoying the softness of luxury.

The room reminded her of her old bedroom in their old family house where everything was designed to look elegant, clean and very hotel-like. When she finally moved out of the house, she remembered the relief and happiness it brought her to decorate her own room for the first time. It felt more like home than her actual home ever did.