Chapter 20 | The First Date

"HELLO!" Anastasia greeted immediately once Elkie opened the door. She came with Mina and Sorn.

"Hi, Elkie! Long time no see." Sorn greeted with a smile.

"We're summoned for an emergency girl problem, am I right?" Mina asked.

Elkie blushed. "Thank you, guys, for coming over."

"Uh... we're girls." Anastasia corrected.

"Oh, yeah, of course... girls."

Sorn chuckled. "We're so thrilled to see you! It feels like it's been so long."

"Me, too." I said, letting them in. "I apologize for the mess. I just moved in."

"Actually, if you need help in organizing, you can call us too!" Anastasia said excitedly.

"Oh, no... I've troubled you enough." Elkie told them.

"Come on, we're currently unemployed. We'll take on any kind of adventure even if it's decorating a new apartment." Mina said, smiling.

"Thank you."

Anastasia took a deep breath. "So, you are going on a date and you don't know what to wear."

Elkie's cheeks heated up again. "Y-Yeah."

"OMG. Elkie, you don't usually blush or stutter. This is so new to us. You must really like the guy!" Anastasia said.

"Is he someone we know?" Sorn asked.

"Um," she said, reluctantly looking at Anastasia. "Actually... yes."

"Who?" Mina asked.

"Minhyuk."

Sorn and Mina squealed. Anastasia's jaw dropped. "Lee Minhyuk?"

"Yes."

"I knew it! You guys were the best partner and you two look good together." Mina said, grinning.

I turned to Anastasia. "OMG... you are so lucky!"

"So, how would you spend the date? Did he say it or is it a surprise?" Sorn asked.

"Um, he didn't say it."

"I knew he's a man of surprises." Anastasia said dreamily.

"Snap out of it, Ana. Your crush on him should come to an end." Mina said.

Elkie rubbed the back of her neck. "Oh... you..."

Anastasia smiled. "Yes! I had a huge crush on him because why not? He's hot! But there are other hot guys in the world. I'm rooting for this date to succeed."

"Thank you, Ana."

"So, let's get to work. Let's see what you have."

All the girls rummaged Elkie's boxes filled with clothes. After several minutes, Mina sighed heavily. "You don't even have an option. You have to wear a dressㅡbut you have two dresses and they're not even an option, okay?"

"I agree." Anastasia said.

"Hm, Elkie, what do you say we go shopping?" Sorn asked.

#

Never had Elkie ever thought that she would be one of those girls who goes shopping with her girl friendsㅡbut yeah, there she is now. The four of them scanned the mall in the remaining four hours before her date with Minhyuk.