Chapter 12 |Abducted

The basement was cold and dark even if they squint their eyes, they would see nothing. Elkie grabbed small flashlights from her bag and passed the other two towards Ilhoon and Minhyuk.

"Where do we start?" asked Minhyuk while looking around. There were indeed a bunch of files that were stack in tall shelves like books in a library.

"Let's look for her initials. Her name's Kim Ah Reum. Minhyuk, you look at the K sectionㅡIlhoon, you at the A and I'll look for the R." Elkie said, already rummaging through the files. Ilhoon stepped on a ladder since the files were alphabetically arranged and A is right at the top.

"What are all these files for? So many Kim's in South Korea..." Minhyuk muttered.

"They are years old, Minhyuk. It's probably our best option for now." Ilhoon said.

"Ugh," Elkie groaned. "I don't think I'll find anything here. You guys got something?"

"Kim Ah Reumㅡthree files. Check them out." He grabbed the files and handed them over Elkie. Ilhoon started going back down to check out the files.

Elkie's frustration grew as she flipped through the pages. Ilhoon had a huge frown on his face, too. "Her record has to be here. Are these the only ones?"

Minhyuk nodded as Elkie sighed and closed the files. There was silence for a moment before Ilhoon spoke.

"Dad probably kept it somewhere else, Elkie."

"What are we going to do? Where do we look now?" she asked, exhausted.

"Hold yourself together. Maybe the other teams found something." Her brother said, giving her shoulder a supportive squeeze.

Minhyuk spoke to the others through the device. "Has anyone found any information on Kim Ah Reum?"

"Nah," Changsub replied with a sigh. "Not at the moment. There are only a few files in here."

"What about Sungjae and Hyunsik?"

"They just called a while ago and said there was nothing."

"Jeez. Of course, the chairman wouldn't have easily hidden it here where anyone can find it." Elkie said, frowning.

"Well, if it's not hereㅡhe couldn't have just given it to anyone. It's really hard to trust people with something like that." Minhyuk said.

"Uh, yeah... so?"

"So, he's probably hiding it somewhere in his radar. Minhyuk, you're brilliant!" Ilhoon said with a smirk.

Minhyuk shrugged with the same smirk on his face.

"Are you guys saying it's in his office?" Elkie asked.

"Yup," Ilhoon replied. "But he never leaves his office during daylightㅡand rarely during night time. He literally lives there."

"How are we gonna get him out of the office without getting caught?" asked Minhyuk.

"Maybe if we give him a trouble to run after?" Elkie suggested.

"My dear sister, you are forgetting the part that he has people who do his dirty work for him." Ilhoon said, cocking an eyebrow.

"Oh, rightㅡmaybe we can just, uh, barge in?"

"And get surrounded later on by his super skilled agents? Elkie, is that all that you got?"

Elkie sighed and rubbed her forehead. "I'm sorryㅡI'm just... a little exhausted. So," she said, taking a deep breath. "We don't have all day. What do we do?" she asked, turning to Minhyuk, "Minhyuk, what do you think?"