Chapter 11 |The Betrayal

"So, you like drawing?" Minhyuk asked, making himself comfortable in the couch.

"Yeah, well, back then."

"This is just like how you like photography, isn't it?"

She sighed. "Things I really can't pay attention to no matter how much I like them." she said and grabbed one of her old sketchbooks. "Would you like to see some?" she asked him.

He smiled just a little. "Sure, yeah."

She sat beside him though not too close, and then she opened the sketchbook, revealing pencil sketches of the same woman on two pages.

"You seriously made this?" Minhyuk asked in astonishment.

"I don't lie about everything." she said.

He took the sketchbook and flipped through the pages carefully. Elkie's heart was beating loudly. This is the first time she's showing someone her works. She had always thought of drawing as an escape to reality. When she was younger, before she was trained to be an agent, she always drew and it usually came out of only one thing: her mother.

Maybe she was afraid to forget her mother's face and that was her way of making the loneliness and longing of her disappearㅡby drawing her in every angle that she could remember.

"Who is she?" Minhyuk asked gently.

"My mom."

He smiled and Elkie felt like melting inside. "She's beautiful," he said. "You look just like her."

This time, she smiled genuinely. "She's the most beautiful woman I remember."

"Did you want to be an artist before, you know, this? The agent life?"

She scooted against the corner of the couch. "Yeah, forensic artist, actually."

He looked at her wide-eyed, "Wow."

"I know. Wow." she said with a chuckle.

He closed the sketchbook and placed it on the center table nearby. He took off his glasses and played with it in his hand. "You would have been a good one."

She wasn't used to him being nice to her in straight couple of days so she turned the subject to him. "What about you? What did you want to do before this life?"

He smiled, but there was sadness in it and he stared off to the wall as if reminiscing memories in his head. "I don't know. I just really wanted to be like my brother. Whatever he did, I wanted to do the same. I looked up to him a lot."

She was about to say something when her phone vibrated in her pocket. She immediately took it out and responded to the call.

"Ilhoon, is everything alright?" she asked.

"Yeah, we've been waiting for the both of you to come here. What the heck is happening? Peniel told us you two are just sitting there. We don't have all day, Elkie."

"We have a situation here. The security agent would be suspicious if we come out right after we turned the computer on so we're buying ourselves some time."

Ilhoon sighed. "Alright, we'll back you up. Tell Minhyuk to wear the glasses so Peniel could communicate with him."

Elkie looked at Minhyuk and motioned for him to wear the glasses. "Okay, we're going to head there asap."

Minhyuk put on the glasses along with its earpiece and started hearing Peniel's voice.

"What are you guys planningㅡwait, is that Sungjae with a mask on? Holy shㅡseriously? Was this in the plan?"