Part 2

Flashback- 10 years old

Mom and I are heading to our house in Canada. I already miss Oregon. And Dad didn't even come. They got divorced. I wasn't sure what would happen, but I found out soon enough. I'm still upset. Everything was fine, but then my mom was sent here to work, and that's when everything fell apart. I've heard her on the phone with my grandma. Apparently, she will have to work a lot more to make enough money.

We pull into the driveway. The house is somewhat big. My mom came a few months ago to buy a house. She didn't let me go with her because I was still in school. It's summer now.

We get out of the car and the neighbors are out. I see a lady with dark blonde hair at her mailbox. There is also a girl a lot younger than me sitting on their driveway. The woman looks up and smiles at me and my mom.

"Hi! We're your new neighbors," my mom says to her as she walks closer to the neighbor's mailbox. "Nice to meet you. I'm Karen." She shakes my mom's hand. "I'm Harper and this is Leah." "Hi. Nice to meet you. My daughter's name is Aaliyah and my son is on his skateboard somewhere." She laughs. That's not funny. Shouldn't you know where your kid is?

   My mom and Karen start chatting and it bores the poop out of me. I scoot closer to the middle of the road and look down the street. I turn the other way and look at a few of the houses. I hear something behind me and as I turn around I feel something crash into me and roll over my foot.

   "Ow!" I stumble to the ground and watch the back of the person as he catches himself before he falls. What a butt head. That really hurt! I look down at my foot and it already looks swollen. I turn my head to look at the boy.

   He gives me a mean look. I know I'm the one who was in the middle of the street, but you should have been paying attention. He starts walking up the neighbor's driveway. Well, I guess I found her stupid son. What the heck. He didn't even say sorry. He bumped into me and I fell on the hard pavement. He's an idiot.

   My foot is numb but my legs are stinging and there are scrapes on them. One of them is bleeding a lot and the other one has skin peeling off of it. I don't cry when I hurt myself anymore. I learned to be tough and to try to ignore physical and emotional pain.

   I see my mom rush over to me. "Leah! What happened?" I glare at the boy who is now riding on his driveway. "He ran over me." "Who? Shawn?" I keep staring at him, but he doesn't look over. "That's an ugly name."

   "He probably didn't mean to. Let me help you up so I can clean your wounds." I get up. I was so mad at that boy that I couldn't really feel the pain at all anymore. All I felt was anger.

   If I had done that to him, I would of helped him up, or at least said sorry. I don't like him at all. I have a feeling I never will.

Flashback- 14 years old

We're having a grill out today. And of course my mom had to invite our neighbors, including Shawn. Ever since I moved here he never talks to me. He pretends to be nice when his mom or dad are around, but when they aren't he doesn't even say hi.

He always has friends over and when he sees me outside, he whispers something to his friend and turns the opposite way. I wish I could beat the crap out of him. I've never been more mad at someone in my life.

I stand with my mom in the backyard as she grills the hamburgers and hotdogs. "Can you go set the table. It's in the garage." I go around the yard and carry the foldable table back to my mom. I go inside and grab the napkins, plates, utensils, and table cloths.

I go back to the garage and get all of the foldable chairs. As I start to walk around I spot Shawn looking at me as he gets his mail. I stare into his eyes with no expression on my face. He walks away. Thanks for the help dick face. I only cuss in my head when people are around. I know Shawn cusses. I've heard him before.