Part 14

Leah POV-

   School was boring as hell this week, as usual. Lauren and her friends invited me over for a sleepover. I'm surprised that they already feel comfortable with me. It feels nice. I haven't had good friends in a long time.

   We're going over to Sierra's house. It's Saturday evening and I have to leave to go to her house in less than an hour. I just now started packing. Oops.

...

My mom drops me off and of course her house is just as big as Lauren's. How the fuck do people have this much money?

Everyone was already there, so when they opened the door they all greeted me. "Hi!" I say to all of them.

We went to Sierra's room and I put my stuff on her bed. We decide to go see a movie at 9. It's some basic romance movie that looks like shit, but I don't say anything.

...

After we pay for our tickets, we get some popcorn, candy, and drinks. I walk over to get butter, and Abby is next to me. I move my popcorn around trying to get butter all over it. "Dang, girl," she laughs. I fake smile. "I like the butter, I guess." Don't judge me, bitch.

We turn around and join the rest of them in the lobby. We start to walk towards the theater when Lauren says, "Wait. I invited Shawn and he's on his way in."

"Seriously? This was supposed to be a girl's night," Abby groans. "Just let her boyfriend come you ass," Sierra says. I laugh.

I start talking to Diane about lacrosse because she's on the school team. "You should definitely do it next year!" She shouts. "I've never played on a team, I just hit it against the wall and throw it like I'm trying to make a goal."

   She smiles. "That's okay. There's beginners anyway, so you'll probably be a lot better than them." "Maybe. I don't know. I might-" Someone touches my shoulder and says my name. I turn around to see Shawn.

   "Hi," He says. "Oh, hey." I put my hand up and smile a little. He smiles back then turns to Lauren.

   We go into the movie theater and I end up sitting next to Sierra and Shawn is on my right. Sierra talks to me and I eat most of my popcorn. It's so good, I can't help myself.

   The commercials eventually start and there's a lot of them. "Hey, uh, Leah," Shawn touches my arm. "Yeah?" I ask when I turn towards him. "I need to tell you something." I nod then glance at the screen.

   It shows the trailer for a new Annabelle movie. "Oh my god, look" I laugh and point to the screen. I watch him look at the screen then glare at me. "We should go see that. I know how much you loved the other one."

   He smiles and rolls his eyes. "What were you going to tell me?" I ask. His smile disappears, "Ok, um, I don't know how to sa-" He looks at the screen and the movie has just started. "Tell me later," I whisper.

   The lights go low and I see him nod as his face gets darker. I look down at my popcorn. Fuck. I already ate half of it. I look at Shawn again. You know, he's been nice to me for a while. I should show him I appreciate it.

"Shawn, do you want some popcorn?" I whisper to him. "Sure," he whispers back. I put it in his lap and he says, "Thank you."

He takes some out and puts the bucket back into my lap. Throughout the movie, he reaches over to get more. I don't mind, if I ate all of it myself I wouldn't be able to get up.

...

   I thought the movie was going to suck, but it was actually pretty good. I cried like three times. I tried to rub my eyes whenever I did so it didn't look like I had any tears.

   After the movie, we go back into the lobby. I start talking to everyone about the movie, other than Lauren and Shawn. "I cried so much," Diane says. Abby, Taylor, and Sienna agree.

   "Did you?" Abby asks me. "Yeah, a little." I shrug. Sierra laughs and says, "You cried more than I did! I saw you wipe your face like five times." They all laugh and I smile. "Okay, maybe I cried a lot."

   "We can go back to my house now you all," Lauren says as she walks towards us. I glance at Shawn who walks behind her. He's really tall, what the fuck. How did I never notice?

   We all walk out of the door and wave goodbye to Shawn. "Bye, Leah," He says to me lastly before walking the opposite way. "Bye," I reply while waving. As soon as we get to the car, I remember Shawn wanted to tell me something. Oh well, he can tell me another time.

...

   We get back to Sierra's house and I'm exhausted. We switch into our pajamas and get ready for the night. We're sleeping in her living room on the couches.

   We all go onto the carpet and sit in a circle. Taylor decides she wants to have her nails painted, so Diane starts to do it.

   "We should play truth or dare," Abby says. She turns to Lauren and asks, "Truth or dare?" Lauren thinks about it then responds, "Truth."

   Abby looks at the ceiling then looks back down. "Do you think Shawn has a nice dick?" I snort and Taylor starts to laugh. Lauren looks petrified and responds, "Um, I haven't seen it."

   "Do you think he probably has a nice one?" Sierra asks. I snort again. "I don't know. I guess. I mean he's hot, so probably." Her face is really red. This is hilarious.

   "Let us know whenever you do see it." Abby laughs. Lauren sighs then says, "Truth or dare, Sierra?" She responds, "Dare." "I dare you to text Ian that you want to go on a date with him at a junkyard."

   I feel my stomach start to ache. "Who did you say?" I ask. "Ian," Lauren says. "Do you know who he is? He's my boyfriend." Sierra says. What? "Are you talking about Shawn's friend?" I ask. My voice starts to shake.

   "Yeah," Lauren responds. I stutter, "B-but I'm dating him." I clench my jaw. "What?" Sierra asks. "I'm dating him," I repeat quietly.

   "Are you serious?" Sierra asks anxiously. I nod then look at the ground. "Did he fucking cheat on me?" she whispers. "I think he did. He cheated on both of us," I say with anger in my voice, "that fucking bitch."

   I sigh and tears start to roll down my face. "Awe, don't cry," Diane says then hugs me. Sierra starts to cry too. I put my hands into fists.

   I am fucking mad. I should have known. I should have known it was too good to be true. We started dating almost as soon as we met. It was like that movie we saw today. Except, the movie was actually good.

   Lauren says, "He obviously doesn't deserve either of you. I'm really sorry guys." "We should give him a piece of our minds," Abby says. "You don't fucking cheat."

   "We should go egg his house," Taylor says seriously. "I'd rather kick the shit out of him," I mumble.