Part 6

Leah POV-

Shawn hasn't been at school this whole week. I'm kind of lost at the moment. He said if only I smiled around him. I can't just smile around him. He has to make me smile. I have to want to smile. He can't force me to.

   I guess I'm kind of forcing myself to be rude towards him though. It's hard to get over the fact that we haven't gotten along for this many years. Whatever. I keep trying to get my mind off of his outburst.

...

   After school, on Thursday, I see Shawn walking up his front steps. I don't shout out to him. I just watch him go inside.

   "Why the fuck does he care if I don't like him? Of course, as soon as Ian comes into my life, he starts to talk to me," I mumble to myself. I feel like storming over to his house, but then he might think I'm forgiving him for everything if I talk to him about it. And I'm not.

   I went to Ian's house for the first time yesterday. My mom and his parents talked while we watched T.V. I snuggled into his chest, but he wouldn't get off of his damn phone. We played video games after, which was fun.

   I told Ian to come over right after school today. He should be here soon enough. I sit on the porch and play on my phone. I hear Shawn's door open and close.

   I look up and see Shawn with a suitcase heading to the car. He puts it in then starts walking back to his house. He looks over to my house and sees me looking at him. Fuck.

   Our eyes meet, then I look back at my phone. I hear a car and Ian gets out. I smile at him then look back over to where Shawn was. He shifts his eyes to Ian then turns his head. He sits down on his front porch and takes his phone out.

   "Hey, babe," he says. I crinkle my nose. No one's called me that before. I laugh then hug him. He kisses my forehead. "I got you something."

   "You didn't have to do that," I reply. Ian shrugs. He reaches his hand in his pocket and pulls out a box. He hands it to me. I look into his blue eyes then smile down at the box.

   I lift the lid and a beautiful silver necklace is showcased. "Oh my god." I lift it out and see that it has an L on it. I smile and say, "Thank you!"

   "Let me put it on for you," he says. I hand it to him and turn around. I move my hair and he slowly puts it around my neck. "Fuck. This is hard to clip," he laughs.

   He moves my hair back then turns me around with his hands. He smiles softly. "You're so freaking beautiful." I glance at the ground and blush. "You're so freaking adorable," I whisper.

   He leans in and we kiss for the second time. This time it was a lot longer. And better. I'm about to shit my pants.

   We go inside and hang out for a while. He has to get back to his house for a family dinner, so he leaves around the time my mom gets back from work.

...

On Saturday my mom has to take me to go grocery shopping. On our way home I turn on the radio. A few songs play then it announces that a new song was released.

"New artist," we hear a car horn go off loudly near us. I look out the window, but don't see where it's coming from. I listen to the radio again. "Hit single, Life of the Party! Here it is for the first time on the radio."

I love it when you just don't care
I love it when you dance like there's nobody there
So when it gets hard, don't be afraid
We don't care what them people say
I love it when you don't take no
I love it when you do what you want cause you just said so
Let them all go home, we out late
We don't care what them people say

We don't have to be ordinary
Make your best mistakes
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party
I'm telling you to take your shot it might be scary
Hearts are gonna break
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party

Together we can just let go
Pretending like there's no one else here that we know
Slow dance fall in love as the club track plays
We don't care what them people say

We don't have to be ordinary
Make your best mistakes
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party
I'm telling you to take your shot it might be scary
Hearts are gonna break
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party

Come out tonight, come out tonight
There's no one standing in your way
Come out tonight, come out tonight
We don't care what them people say

We don't have to be ordinary
Make your best mistakes
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party
I'm telling you to take your shot it might be scary
Hearts are gonna break
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party

Yeah, yeah, yeah
Life of the party
So don't let them keep you down
Oh you know you can't give up
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party

As soon as I heard the first line, I fell in love with the song. By the end, I was able to sing along to most of it. That's my jam now. I hope it comes on the radio again.