Build-a-Guild

Apparently the person who Rachael wanted to invite was busy or something, so Johnny proposed we'd leave it here for now and continue the next day.

After saying goodbye and all, Johnny gave me a ride back home in a different expensive car since it was getting a bit late, around 8:30 pm I think since I wanted to do some homework.

The next day was like any other: wake up regretting the fact I didn't do any homework, bike to school praying some idiot would run me over, and walk to class hoping nobody notices.

Everything was fine and dandy, but the only thing you could say bothered me was how Debbie looked super happy like it was her birthday! Probably excitement was mixed in there too...

I noticed during Bio that she'd randomly cover her face with her hands and swing her feet. Not like I was staring at her or anything... she just happened to be in my field of vision.

Anyways... after a couple of horrendous hours, I was finally free to go home, or so I thought until I saw Johnny pull up at the main gate in a Bugatti.

I hate my life!

"Dude! Are you trying to ruin my social life!?!" I rushed in and closed the window because everyone started swarming the car just like the cockroaches did to me.

He shot back, "What social life? Oh wait... YOU DON'T HAVE ONE!"

Johnny: ∞ Gavin: -∞

If it weren't for the price of the car and the people practically washing it with their sweat, I would've smashed his windshield!

All he did was crack up for about a minute while I sat there with my claustrophobia kicking in. "Could we get going already?!? It's starting to get harder to breath..."

"Fine." When he did, the engine roared loudly and everyone near Johnny's car backed away which gave him enough space to drive off.

During the drive to his mansion, tons of people stared at us and even took pictures of the car. Johnny's been giving me a ride ever since he got his licence, but I just can't get used to the sensation of being the center of attention.

Once we made it to his place, Alfred if I remember correctly, was waiting for us at the main gate.

So loyal!

"Welcome back Mr. Jonathan." He said politely with a slight bow. "Would you like for me to park your car?"

Both of us got out and Johnny replied, "Thanks Alfred! That'd be great. You can take it easy after you're done with that. Oh, and tell the others to do the same."

"As you say Mr. Jonathan." Then he drove off to park it while we went inside the mansion.

Enduring another round of existential crisis, we arrived to his room, went inside the secret chamber or something, and started up the systems.

"N.E.S.S. Activate!"

Since we logged off at the neutral town Lervik, we spawned on the round platform in the middle of the outdoor market.

"All right Gavin, act normal or at least try. We don't want to scare the person away." Johnny said as we walked towards the pub weaving through the crowd.

"What's that supposed to mean?!?" Damn! It's so crowded here! "W-wait for me!"

Before I got lost in the sea of players, Johnny and I entered the establishment where we saw Rachael and another girl sitting at a table by themselves towards the back surrounded by a group of guys.

"So I see both you girls aren't in a guild. How bout you join ours?" One of them, the leader or something, lowered his face to Rachael's level. "We'll have a great time together."