Chapter 10

I woke up around 10ish this morning and walked down to the hotel buffet to find eggs, pancakes, and stuff like that.

I ate like 12 pancakes and a couple eggs and then ran back up to my room; collected my things. After a little work I finally got everything into my a taxi and then I texted Demi;

"Hey just woke up and I'm omw over! See ya in like 20 min ❤️"

After a few minutes she responded with a;

"K, see ya soooon. The girls just headed out (: "

I arrive at Demi's and let myself in. She gave me a key, considering I'll be here for a good amount of time.

"Damn, someone cleans up nice!" I say as I walk into the palace.

"Nah, the girl's were just super messy. I made THEM do it, haha. Now, let me show you your room." She says in one of those really fancy waiter voices.

After I get settled in, I go back downstairs to see Demi actually cooking. We had some chicken with rice pilaf and veggies. It was surprisingly really good. I told Demi that I would do the dishes (which wasn't a lot considering it was just us) for her as a thank you for letting me stay here. As I started to do the dishes, Demi went into her room. Nothing suspicious, until I heard sobbing. I walked into her room to see her sitting against her bed on the floor crying with her phone on her lap.

"Demi what happened?! Are you okay?!"

At first I figured it was a horrible text from someone, but as I got closer to her I realized it was something for Twitter. I was kind of surprised. I guess you get a lot of hate from social media. Maybe that's why my manager "highly suggested that I dont invest my time with the media." I thought he was just paranoid, but considering my best friend is in tears maybe he wasn't.

Demi doesn't let out a single word, just sobs as she drops the phone in attempt to hand it to me. I read what the person had said:

"demi's so ugly that the only way she gets fucked is by her own father"

Oh my goodness. At this point I was in tears and Demi was crying so hard that she forgot to breathe every now and then. After sitting in silence (the only thing you could hear was us crying) I soon realized that Demi was holding onto me for dear life, and believe me I was doing the same. I haven't seen her, or anyone, this upset in my whole life. I wasn't worried about the tweet. Weither it was true (that her father had raped her) or not, my focus was and had to be on making Demi happy.

I held her for quite a while before laying her down and tucking her in her bed. She'd been sleeping on me for about twenty minutes.

*30 minutes later*

I assume Demi would be waking up soon, so I made her some Peppermint tea, eggs (she loves breakfast for lunch haha), bacon, and toast.

As predicted, she wake's up about two minutes after I put her food on her plate. I walk the meal into her room for a little breakfast-in-bed.

"Hey sleepy head, I made you some breakfast..." I was scared of her reaction. I didn't want her to think I was a weirdo.

She gives me a weak smile before saying,

"Thank you, Jen. You really didn't need to do this..."

She tries to talk more, but I cut her off with a,

"No no no, I wanted to. My treat, hunny."

I gave her a warm flirty kind of smile. Then, something I never thought would ever happen, she gave me one back.

"Jen...somethings been on my mind for a while now, and I....