Chapter 14

Demi's POV

That's why I'd never met her family. I never knew any of this about Jen; she always seemed fine... Although, that's always when someone is falling apart- I'd know.

BING: A text from my mom...

"You called?"

I called her instead of texting her back because that would just be easier. I explained how I wanted everyone to meet someone special to me. She was kind of confused, but supportive. We exchanged "I love you"s and then hung up. We're meeting next Sunday.

I run downstairs and write Jen a note because shes in the shower:

"Hey babe, my family is coming over next Sunday! I'm going to the gym. See you soon ❤️ -Demi"

I walk outside to start up my Jeep and see Max getting out of his car.

"Max!"

"Hey Demi.."

You see, Max's contract ran up for being my bodyguard. It's been a weird situation, and I'm not really sure what went on. It's not weird for Max and I to see eachother, but I'm still kind of confused with the situation.

"What are ya'll doing here?"

"Sorry about this Demi-"

"Hey it's okay."

"My contract ended and they just hired someone new... It's sort of weird not having you around."

"Heh, to be honest I miss working with you."

"I'll talk to the team and get you back if you want to, because I'd love to have you back!"

"Thanks so much Demi- means a lot."

We continued with small talk for about 10 minutes. I gave him a hug and told him I had to run to the gym.

I drive down the mostly empty highway peacefully. When I arrive at the gym I slide my membership card past the scanner thingy.

I walk through the doors and started for the weights. I stretch for a bit and start up with squats. I noticed a guy across from me lifting probably 70 checking out my butt in the mirror behind me.

I've gotten better at squats; I rose from 85 lbs to 110 lbs in a couple of months. I'm getting happier with my body but it's still not great.

After about 40 minutes working and sweating, I go to the treadmill to do my cooldown. I run a slight jog for 5 minutes. I start to head for the front door and a guy with giant biceps stopped me short.

"Hey, you're Demi Lovato!"

I laugh.

"Can I get a picture?!" He asks.

"Yeah sure!!" I was awake and happy now.

We snaps a few pictures and he said look for them on instagram.

Following the pictures, I go out to the parking lot and hop into my Jeep and start on my way home.

Right now all I could think about was Sunday. I didn't think I was going to be nervous, but I'm sure it's normal that I am.